Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kumble vs Warne

Quote Originally Posted by a massive zebra
    Lets get back and talk about Kumble vs Warne.

I would pick Kumble in India, Warne everywhere else.
    Sums it up.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Thats not the only reason...

Murali has a better average, strike rate and economy rate despite having comparitively no support and the fact that Warne has not had to play against the world's best team. Murali been more successful against every team except Pakistan, who fielded teenagers during one of Australia's tours. Although Warne has been less effective since his shoulder injury, even at his peak (1993-97) he was not as good as Murali has been this century. Warne has been known to be hit around occasionally and although Murali has previously been nullified to a degree, he has never been smashed around the park.
    seriously can you not go through any warne thread without coming up with the same ridiculous arguments involving murali(and hence starting another one of the warne-murali flame wars), that have been argued against you on several occasions in the past i might add?
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Murali takes more wickets per match and has a lower average and strike rate.
    And a lot of the less runs could be attributed to the fact that in the SL attack batsmen only have the 1 outstanding bowler to face, so can try to play him out and attack the others - against Australia there's no such luxury so they do have to try and get the runs against the better bowlers.

You often bring up this "on his own" argument, but for me there's just as many points that it brings up the other way.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

if kumble was backed up with dizzy and mcgrath maybe????

Quote Originally Posted by krishneelz
    if kumble was backed up with dizzy and mcgrath maybe????

I would still go for Warne .

International Coach
    Kumble is a very good bowler, but Warne outplays him. Kumble gets a hell of a lot of help from the Indian pitches, and Warne has to contend with brilliant batsmen against spin on them, and did very well to take 6/125 IMO. The Aussies aren't as good at playing spin.
    Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

International Coach
    Thats not the only reason...

Murali has a better average, strike rate and economy rate despite having comparitively no support and the fact that Warne has not had to play against the world's best team. Murali been more successful against every team except Pakistan, who fielded teenagers during one of Australia's tours. Although Warne has been less effective since his shoulder injury, even at his peak (1993-97) he was not as good as Murali has been this century. Warne has been known to be hit around occasionally and although Murali has previously been nullified to a degree, he has never been smashed around the park.

O'Reilly never had a bad series and was far more consistent. Bradman was one of the few people to have seen both and said O'Reilly was superior.

Laker at his best kicks Warne's ass at his best.
    You always bring up the 'Murali has a better record' business, which counts for sod-all.

Murali has played iver half his Tests in Sri Lanka, where it spins from ball 1. If Warne had that luxury, his record would be atleast as good as Murali's.

Warne has a better record outside the subcontinent than Murali, which is a much fairer statistic.

International Coach
    Murali has previously been nullified to a degree, he has never been smashed around the park.
    As evidenced by the 3rd Test in the Sri Lanka tour to England, English second innings.

International Coach
    Warne

home 52 2439.4 6165 235 26.23 8/71 2.52 62.2 12 4
    away 58 2772.4 7206 272 26.50 7/165 2.59 61.1 13 3
    neutral 3 124 342 27 12.66 7/94 2.75 27.5 2 1

Murali

home 53 3150 7051 342 20.61 9/51 2.21 55.2 30 10
    away 38 2037.2 5114 190 26.91 9/65 2.51 64.3 14 3

Murali much better at home and only slightly worse away despite having comparitively no support.
    I find it amazing you use Murali's home record as evidence! Even MacGill could take wickets in Sri Lanka.

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Not saying Kumble is better than Warne but ive always liked the way Kumble seems to out think the batsmen with regards to wicket taking whereas warne can do that but can also rely on the fact that he turns it a country mile, something which kumble cannot seem to do.
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS

International Vice-Captain a massive zebra's Avatar
    Eggs Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    And a lot of the less runs could be attributed to the fact that in the SL attack batsmen only have the 1 outstanding bowler to face, so can try to play him out and attack the others - against Australia there's no such luxury so they do have to try and get the runs against the better bowlers.
    Yeah but if that was true then Warne should have a better strike rate if he was as dangerous because the batsmen play him with less caution, actually its worse.

Anyway lets get back on track, Kumble vs Warne.
    THE ULTIMATE CRICKET WEB ARCADE EGGS CHAMPION

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1990-2006
    RIP Craig Walsh (AKA "Craig"), 1985-2012

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by twctopcat
    Not saying Kumble is better than Warne but ive always liked the way Kumble seems to out think the batsmen with regards to wicket taking whereas warne can do that but can also rely on the fact that he turns it a country mile, something which kumble cannot seem to do.
    He doesn't always turn it a country mile - but he has the ability to do it. He regulates the amount he spins each ball, and is far cleverer now than he used to be WRT this. Of course, he still rips the odd ball miles.

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    I'm just saying that IMO Kumble does more with what he's got compared to the talent that Warne has, he's a bit more wily.

Dar
    I suppose the big difference is the performance away from home where warne is considerably better.

Kumble is still an incredible bowler and a match winner as well. Like the other guy said. Kumble in India, Warne everywhere else

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey
    Kumble is a very good bowler, but Warne outplays him. Kumble gets a hell of a lot of help from the Indian pitches, and Warne has to contend with brilliant batsmen against spin on them, and did very well to take 6/125 IMO. The Aussies aren't as good at playing spin.
    one not so bad inngs is that u all need to make warne better than kumble
    what about the figures of the every other test match warne played aganist india

warne is better than kumble no doubt on a scale of ten i would give
    9 for warne and 7.5 for kumble.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information