• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most exciting matches ever.....

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah heart-breaking as it was, the Windies Test match win against the Aussies in Adelaide by 1 run is probably the most exciting game I've seen. The disappointment was probably tempered by the fact that the Aussies didn't even deserve to get close. The Windiws should have wrapped it up earlier than they did but there was a rash of obscene LBW decisions which went for the Aussies that afternoon. Mind you, when a South Australian native, Tim May, almost won the game off his own bat on his birthday after taking 5/9 the previous day, the blood was pumping.

The Sheffield Shield final of 1995/96 between SA and WA was up there with the best. After Adam Gilchrist had destroyed the SACA's to the tune of 189* off 187 balls and South Australia collapsed in their second innings, I thought it was all over. I actually walked in the gate just as Blewwy got out after thinking to myself, "Okay, Blewwy's still there, we're okay." Shane George (number 10) and Peter McIntyre (number 11) lasted about an hour and half to draw the game and give South Australia our first Sheffield Shield since 1981. I remember, when McIntyre blocked the last ball, just sprinting out onto the field and at the players JUST as they got off it. Virtually the entire crowd ended up on the field and I remember seeing and hugging complete strangers just because we'd won the Shield after so long.

It was a beautiful day. :D

In one-dayers, Bevan's last-ball four to win the match a few years ago and the WC'99 semi-final are hard to match.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
india pak....1986 - 5th test.banglore..

absolute dustbowl/minefield..

all a bowler had to do was drop the ball in the right spot the pitch did the rest.
the scores tell the story. pak - 117 and 249
ind- 145 and 204

Witness one of the best even knocks by gavaskar - 96 assured runs on a fourth innings on that piece of crap called pitch..

btw i dont think any batsman has gone out in such style as sunny did...

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Yeah for sure, one of the best displays of batting against spin. Sunny was like a professor out there, whether it was fast or spin, it was like getting education watching him bat.

Rich2001

International Captain
It might not be the most exciting match ever, but in England's recent tour to New Zealand, the test at c-church where two batsman hit 200's + a copule of 100's and Hoggards best figures of 7/63, an almost impposible run target almost achieved, loads of runs loads of execitment oh and England won which made it even better ;) :D

[Edited on 7/29/02 by Rich2001]

Sulphate

Cricket Spectator
it may not have been a classic ( i'm not sure the indians and aussies wud think so )
but england vs windies 2 summers ago was the match that converted me to cricket.

caddick got 4 in an over and the windies for bowled for 50 or sommat. it may have been between two rubbish teams but it was bloody good.

also england vs pakistan in pakistan. it was the ground at which pakistan hadn't lost ever and england had to win to win the sries. england batting into the dark to get the victory. and i mean it was pitch black. it was exciting bcos of the looks on the pakistanian fielders when they couldnt see boundaries which flew 3cm from them.

i dont know anything abt cricket pre 2000 so cant comment on that.

the only other one that comes to find is the india vs australia test where laxman got 281. :D

Eclipse

International Debutant
Aus Vs Zimbabwe in the VB series 2 years ago were zimbabwe were chasing 300+

D. Mariliar hit some of the most amazing shots in the last over to almost snatch the win.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
For those of you who were unable to see Zummerzet v Kent today in the C&G semi-final, bad luck.

I can honestly say that it was one of the greatest domestic one-dayers I have ever seen.

Somerset made 344 in 50 overs, and Kent were cruising it right the way through until, for some inexplicable reason, they decided to throw it all away and lost their last 4 wickets in the space of 7 balls for just 2 runs.

Top stuff.