• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Irfan Pathan.. this dude is something

masterblaster

International Captain
Going on topic, Irfan Pathan is a really special talent and is an incredibly 'intelligent cricketer' for his age and lack of experience.

A rising star without a doubt.

Dydl

International Debutant
Yeh, as most people agree that Pathan is a rising star and will be a big success in the future everyone can stop saying that.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
marc71178 said:
Because for some reason a lot of people are over-rating his batting abilities.

A genuine all rounder would get in the side if they were a batsman OR a bowler.
ah Marc... always the clear head, thankyou!
Hes a bowler that can bat a bit, period. I doubt he`ll ever be more than that.

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nnanden said:
ah Marc... always the clear head, thankyou!
Hes a bowler that can bat a bit, period. I doubt he`ll ever be more than that.
I agree with you on the first count. Right now, he is a only a bowler who can bat a bit.

However, I disagree with you on the second point. He is not an Agarkar with a high bat swing with absolutely zero defence, or a Srinath with an axe in his hands. He has good defense against both pacers and spinners and he is a clean striker of the ball, as he proved in this game with his handling of the Aussie bowling. You will be hard pressed to convince me that Pathan looked uncomfortable against any Australian bowler either in the first or the second innings. On top of that, he handled Warne in a way any top class batsman in the world would wish he could. If Pathan develops his batting with guidance from the right people at the right time, he can become a genuine all-rounder - a guy who can average 30-35 at #6/7.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
ok Pathan is good sure, but i stil hate $#%! and i was pleased a **** when Haydos smacked a one back at him in the shins. Made me feel good ina sadistic kinda way...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Could turn into a top player.
Could burn out.
Could turn out distinctly average.
not really saying anything here, are you? :)

the guy got some potential though....hopefully will turn into a top class player....

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Oi! Leave Dwight Yorke alone!
And Ole Gunnar Solskjær...

Anyway, there's talent around internationally atm...but could anyone just fill me in here (I can't be arsed to look up the stats at half eleven) was McGrath, Pollock, Botham, Marshall, Walsh et al just as awful stats-wise after their first year of Test cricket as the current crop of new fast bowlers (e.g. Nel, Edwards, Pathan, Sami, Bracken, Williams, Mills) who are said to have great talent (not saying that they are in the aforementioned guys' class, though some seem to). I know, the pitches was a fair bit different back then, but still...it is rather worrying for Test cricket if they continue with these 30+ and 40+ averages...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
McGrath's early record was poor (12 @ 40 in five tests), but Botham started with wickets left, right and centre before falling away (76 @ 18 in 14 tests). Pollock averaged 24 in his first ten tests, and Walsh's first six yielded 16 @ 32. Marshall's first three yielded just one wicket per match at a cost of 265 runs - so there's nowt to worry about from Edwards & Pathan's stats yet.

Nel, Sami, Bracken, Williams and Mills are not even worth bothering with!

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If you note the keyboard layout, the "k" is very close to the "o", so it's very easy to knock them both at the same time!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
My major complaint is with grammatical errors and terrible mis-spellings such as there/they're/their and whether/weather, not innocent typographic errors :)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Sehwag309 said:
...glad you realized it's a just a sport, we all hate each other's players at some point esp. Shoaib
Even I don't like Shoaib that much to be honest. I'll support since he plays for the Pak team, but if he weren't, I wouldn't give a flying bleep about him. I never liked his attitude. Quite surprisingly though, I loved Aamir Sohail. :dry:

Dydl

International Debutant
Surprising, but weird things always happen. Not everything can be explained.