• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Irfan Pathan.. this dude is something

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bouncer said:
There arent too many people who impressed me as much as this guy has in only One Yr......If he does any Justice with his Abilities he has the Potential to be in Same League as Wasim and Imran......and i really really hope that he would get affected by all the Media Hype about him and keep his head.

But he sure is the Best Young player arounf for me.
woe .. woe .. woe..
it will be too early to count him in the same league AS wasim n Imran..
they r legends..
Irfan on the other hand has a lot to proof yet ...
plus. you cant compare a mideum fast bowler to a fast bowler like Wasim ..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I just find it so great that a 19 year old has now been put into the position of India's number one bowler (considering Harbhajan and Kumble are never definites for ODIs, its always one of them), and has adopted the position so well. Surely he feels the pressure, but he's handled it like a champion.

I hope he performs to his potential, because it'd be great for Indian cricket and great for himself. And right now I reckon that the opposition would rate him higher than Zaheer and Nehra, and that's saying something considering how much less experience he has.

Scallywag

Banned
Looking forward to many years of Aussie batsmen battling Pathan on the pitch.

Clarke V Pathan could be all the talk in 5 years.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
I don't think I am ever going to be a Pathan fan at all, but he is definitely a class act, no doubt..
I was going to post something like that actually. For some reason, I dont much like him, but cant deny he's got plenty of potential as a world class schwinger.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag309 said:
U have some serious problem dude! Never heard such BS
Why is it BS, its just the way i feel sometimes. Doesn't mean i would actually smash their faces in, they just have faces that annoy me - suppresion of feelings is why some people go nuts

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Langeveldt said:
I don't think I am ever going to be a Pathan fan at all, but he is definitely a class act, no doubt..
I was a Pathan fan after I watched him play against Pakistan in SL. And I'm the guy who used to hate every player who ever played for India. :p

P.S: Used to.

Sehwag309

Banned
superkingdave said:
Why is it BS, its just the way i feel sometimes. Doesn't mean i would actually smash their faces in, they just have faces that annoy me - suppresion of feelings is why some people go nuts
Its quite possible you might put your words into action, so such thing is harmful!

Try Anger Management

..and yes I agree on the supression part, try clapping hard to get any frustration out or baby steps

Sehwag309

Banned
nightprowler10 said:
I was a Pathan fan after I watched him play against Pakistan in SL. And I'm the guy who used to hate every player who ever played for India. :p

P.S: Used to.
...glad you realized it's a just a sport, we all hate each other's players at some point esp. Shoaib

Linda

International Vice-Captain
SJS said:
May I ask why ???
Of course you may, but theres no particular reason. Maybe because at the time he was starting to attract some serious attention, Marto was doing so poorly (VB series)... I dont really know. I was bitter, ok. :p

Sehwag309

Banned
Linda said:
I was going to post something like that actually. For some reason, I dont much like him, but cant deny he's got plenty of potential as a world class schwinger.

..have u ever watched Frasier? its abt a Psychiatrist who is a radio host in Seatlle

Anyways, there was one episode where he is behind that mirror where he is seeing people rating his show, everyone gives their opinion except this Indian guy who says "I don't like him"..and everyone says "Why?', he says "I just don't like him"

19/20 people like him and Frasier gets all worked up as to why the guy said that...he is not happy, and cannot sleep at night. His brother, father, producer try and console him and don't really understand why Frasier is getting so worked up..and he's like "Why", What's it about me that he doesn't like, I want a reason"..its pretty funny after that, ends up burning the Indian fella's newstand

Your post kinda reminded of the same episode: "For some reason, I don't like him".. Why? :)

EDIT: Read your reply after this was posted, but thought it was interesting anyway

Sehwag309

Banned
Linda said:
Of course you may, but theres no particular reason. Maybe because at the time he was starting to attract some serious attention, Marto was doing so poorly (VB series)... I dont really know. I was bitter, ok. :p

Is it coz of this

boy, here's one damien fan and a pathan fan on another site...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Linda said:
Thats OK. All of us get these mental blocks at times. But he really is a fine chap and very likeable. Disciplined, level headed, willing to listen to anyone , no star-like airs let alone tantrums, spirited but not in a nasty way. I think he is one Indian youngster all opposition has had good words for, both for his performance and his general demeanour.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bhaji_fan said:
He's a genuine all-rounder but I dunno why he is so low down in the batting order.
Because for some reason a lot of people are over-rating his batting abilities.

A genuine all rounder would get in the side if they were a batsman OR a bowler.

masterblaster

International Captain
Sehwag309 said:
..have u ever watched Frasier? its abt a Psychiatrist who is a radio host in Seatlle

Anyways, there was one episode where he is behind that mirror where he is seeing people rating his show, everyone gives their opinion except this Indian guy who says "I don't like him"..and everyone says "Why?', he says "I just don't like him"

19/20 people like him and Frasier gets all worked up as to why the guy said that...he is not happy, and cannot sleep at night. His brother, father, producer try and console him and don't really understand why Frasier is getting so worked up..and he's like "Why", What's it about me that he doesn't like, I want a reason"..its pretty funny after that, ends up burning the Indian fella's newstand

Your post kinda reminded of the same episode: "For some reason, I don't like him".. Why? :)

EDIT: Read your reply after this was posted, but thought it was interesting anyway
That's a good episode. Going off topic, Frasier's one of the best shows on TV.

:D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, was :(
Just like Seinfeld, I'm going to miss it terribly.

But I'll keep watching the repeats on TV1 on Foxtel :cool: