• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Administrator/Moderators pleeeeease !!!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Its clear that there will (and are) some people who will post consistently to provoke and who appear to be carrying other agendas than those professed. Surely, after adequate warning/s these posters shoul be banned from the forum. They do nothing but vitiate the atmosphere of the forum which, otherwise, with all the passion of sports fans, is decent and can do without their ilk. No one should be taken in by the 'syruppy' tongue of some of them.

I think you guys have a responsibility in this regard and nip the problem early rather than leave it to other posters who may, understandably succumb to the provocations which what these 'jokers' want in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

PS: To other posters, my advise is to ignore them altogether. There is nothing that irks them more or 'starves' them better. Finally you will have them 'feeding' off each other in a side show of the farcical.

Pradeep

Cricket Spectator
SJS said:
Its clear that there will (and are) some people who will post consistently to provoke and who appear to be carrying other agendas than those professed. Surely, after adequate warning/s these posters shoul be banned from the forum. They do nothing but vitiate the atmosphere of the forum which, otherwise, with all the passion of sports fans, is decent and can do without their ilk. No one should be taken in by the 'syruppy' tongue of some of them.

I think you guys have a responsibility in this regard and nip the problem early rather than leave it to other posters who may, understandably succumb to the provocations which what these 'jokers' want in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

PS: To other posters, my advise is to ignore them altogether. There is nothing that irks them more or 'starves' them better. Finally you will have them 'feeding' off each other in a side show of the farcical.
Thanks for bringing this up. It really sickens readers when there are unnecessary posts intended to provoke others. I am sure most of those posters over here are closely watched by the moderators.
And I am assuming that the mods would need some kinda concrete, solid reasoning to ban them and the sooner that happens, the sooner they go. And you are right, when they're ignored for a period of time, they get to a point where they'd say something that can be used to ban them.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We don't use bans often - only as Pradeep said, when there are exceptional circumstances, and prefer to let "self-moderation" (you *could* call that peer pressure) do as much as it can.

Rest assured, we're keeping our eyes on several posters (as ever). Feel free to contact any of the mods off-forum for a more detailed conversation, or hit the "report post" button (that thing that looks like a road sign) if there's a particularly offensive post.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:

Thanks in advance.

While I'm sure the staff members will act in a manner they see fit, what responsibilities do they have to you? It's a forum that costs nothing to join or take part in, aside from the odd flashing ad, which is very much tolerable.