Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drop Parthiv Patel , Select Dinesh Karthik

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by V Reddy
    Nice work dude

I am really surprised at Dasgupta's batting stats . He was a clone of Chopra but unlike him was capable of getting past 50 which he showed in intl cricket. Yeah the case of Dharmani is a sad one. He only got to play in one match in the Titan Cup then he was selected for the SAF tour and got 2 50's in the 2 1st class games he played but never got a look in.

I expected to see Ratra's avg in the 20's but i thought Dhoni avged much more than that as he is said to have scored a lot this season. I also saw that Century against Pak A which was shown on Ten Sports, he was unorthodox but looked a good batsman and is a good keeper too.
    Even I am surprised to see Das's batting stats. But he was easily the 'worst' keeper ever to play for India. At 54 I will do a better job

Ratra was no great bat. but as I said beofre we are talking keeping skills here. I refered to his century only because someone said he was 'terrible with bat in hand'. That sounded a BIT of an exaggeration.

I am told Dhoni is good but I havent seen him so I am reluctant to claim he is better or worse than so and so.

Dharmani was considered good enough once to play for India as a batsman alone. Some times it is a bit of a draw back to be a very good batsman and your keping is over shadowed by your batting. It gives critics an opportunity to say, 'oh but his keeping is not as good'. Shifting goal posts

I think we need to pick the best keeper from those we have for the tests and stick with him for a prolonged period. Pick the better batsman among them and use him for ODI's. And take both of them on tours together. This way we will develop two keepers and have variety as well.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    From his stats he looks like the one of best wicketkeeper India ever produced but this guy has a average of 55.46 in Limited Overs with 4 centuries that tells a lot about this him plus hes only 23. http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/PLAYERS/IN...I_MS_06007593/

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Those stats say absolutely nothing about his wicket-keeping.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    65 catches and 13 stumpings in 27 first class matches is pretty good but yeah i know what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    Murali Karthik IS a better keeper than Parthiv
    can't argue with that! even nehra would be a better keeper!

Now there's an even contest: Nehra v Patel
    Member of the AAAS

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    I know I keep coming back to this but what a coincidence it has been that ever since Kaarthick broke into the side, every time he has been dropped, India have lost. He seems to be our good luck charm.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Murali Karthik IS a better keeper than Parthiv
    can't argue with that! even nehra would be a better keeper!
    Hmmm....Ganguly has two more wicketkeeping options in ODI's. If Dravid can be a regular ODI keeper, why not these two?
    Yeah the case of Dharmani is a sad one. He only got to play in one match in the Titan Cup then he was selected for the SAF tour and got 2 50's in the 2 1st class games he played but never got a look in.
    Sad indeed. The problem was that he started keeping at a late stage, and there was no way he could make the team as a batsman. At present, he is the best batsman among the keepers, but given his age and his late entry as a keeper, his chances of making the team as a keeper are slim.
    I am told Dhoni is good but I havent seen him so I am reluctant to claim he is better or worse than so and so.
    I got to see him battign on Ten Sport, who covered the Indian A-team's ODI leg of the tour of Kenya. His batting is good, especially in ODI's, except that he bats a lot like Balaji (and even looks like him!) and is basically a slogger. Ultimately, he gets runs, and that's good. His keeping is still scratchy, but he holds on to catches and completes his stumpings.
    Ratra was no great bat. but as I said beofre we are talking keeping skills here. I refered to his century only because someone said he was 'terrible with bat in hand'. That sounded a BIT of an exaggeration.
    He was the fastest keeper to play for the etam. His speed of action and reaction time were impressive, but his technique was not clean. That said, if he does his job behind the stumps, and builds partnerships with other batsmen, and gives the man from the top-6 support, he is a good selection, but must score more than 2 runs an innings.
    Pick the better batsman among them and use him for ODI's.
    In ODI's, fielding is a VERY important area, and that includes keeping. It does not matter how many runs are scored (ODI's have a lot of runs scored anyway) but how many are saved. They can pick average bowlers based on their batting or otherwise, but given strong fielding support, they are more effective- think Brad Williams or Nathan Bracken or Daryl Tuffey or Jacob Oram or Vaas or Zoysa.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    I'd still say Dinesh Karthik is the best technical gloveman in India behind Nayan Mongia. Ratra is quick as Arjun states, but his batting is a let down unfortunately. Dhoni looks like a good prospect, but if he fumbles like Parthiv and Dasgupta, he'll be blacklisted forever as well.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

I must ask, if batting is so important for a wicketkeeper, why can't the same standard be used for at least two bowlers out of seven to select?

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Because the difference in wicketkeeping between (say) a Read and Jones is negligible compared to the difference in bowling between a top-line test and average FC man.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    Because the difference in wicketkeeping between (say) a Read and Jones is negligible compared to the difference in bowling between a top-line test and average FC man.
    Again, it is all relative. Much as that difference between Read and Jones (debatable point) is negligible, there is a lot of difference between a Read and a Trescothick. However, if the bowlers at hand are more or less the same quality, you might as well pick the one who can bat better. You can pick a minimum of 4 bowlers, but only one wicketkeeper, so you have to have your best keeper, but bowling plans may vary, as long as the two most likely to take the bulk of 20 wickets are there.

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    Again, it is all relative. Much as that difference between Read and Jones (debatable point) is negligible, there is a lot of difference between a Read and a Trescothick. However, if the bowlers at hand are more or less the same quality, you might as well pick the one who can bat better. You can pick a minimum of 4 bowlers, but only one wicketkeeper, so you have to have your best keeper, but bowling plans may vary, as long as the two most likely to take the bulk of 20 wickets are there.
    If your bowlers are that bad...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTeller
    I have no clue why the INDIAN selctors sticking with this parthiv PATEL.

He is not a good batsman and below average wicket keeper.

When Dinesh Karthik waiting for more chances to show his awsome batting skill and wicket keeping , why this stupid indian selectors are still sticking with below average wicketkeeper.

Indians loves to live in mediocrity and eating dal makhani. hahaha

Peace
    TRUTH TELLER.
    WTF has Dal Makhini gotta do anything with this?

U really care abt the Wicky problem or just opened a thread to write the last line

Icon12

Sehwag, What do you expect from someone who has 'Banned' under his nick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information