• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket shoes

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've tried the cheapest Kookaburra ones which are more comfortable but the soles come off all the time.
Exactly my experience too with a cheap pair of Kookaburra shoes, though slightly different to those ones. Got them to last three seasons so far though, but had to remove the spike from under the ball of my front foot.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably the two items you'd wanna actually shell out a fair amount of cash for would be for bats & shoes. As a bowler, I too have had heaps of problems with spikes & soles being torn off. No amount of super glue can help you there.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
You wouldn't happen to be promoting that store because it coincidentally shares its name with your username, would you?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I use Asics too, but i don't use the spikes since most of my cricket is on synthetic pitches
What's your local comp like over there mate? Do you play for a club, or it is more of just a low-key thing?

cnerd123

likes this
What's your local comp like over there mate? Do you play for a club, or it is more of just a low-key thing?
We have 4 tiers of men's cricket

Premier League - The highest level. 5 teams, one each from the 5 top flight clubs, National squad members and the best of the rest play here. They play T20s, ODs and 2-Day games. This season PLT20 was in September and broadcast on YouTube. All games played on Turf.

Sunday League - 12 teams, only play on Sundays/PHs, is considered to be the developing ground for HKs best talent. They play a 50 over league with 2 divisions, and a T20 KO cup. National squad players play here too. Past, present, future. All Premier League players play here too. All Div 1 games played on Turf, and most Div 2 games on turf. The T20 cup is entirely on turf.

Saturday League - 35 over cricket, no national squad or premier league players allowed, all played on Sat afternoons or PHs. 2 divisions of 10 teams each. Turf used where possible, but it's widely played on synthetic. Lots over overlap with Sunday League and Challenge League (the division below). Lots of the best junior (U17) players and several fading national stars play here.

Challenge League - T20 cricket played on whatever day/time slot is available after the rest of the league's scheduled. 3 divisions of 8 teams + a KO cup at the end of the year. Ostensibly social cricket, with Sunday players banned and only 1 Saturday player allowed in the XI. Never get games on turf and play on some of the weirder grounds we have.

I play in Sat and Challenge Div 2 as a fairly mediocre bowling all-rounder.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice. 35 over cricket sounds like it would be fun.

I'm subscribed the Hong Kong Tube channel so I will have to keep an eye out for the PLT20 once September rolls around.

cnerd123

likes this
Nice. 35 over cricket sounds like it would be fun.

I'm subscribed the Hong Kong Tube channel so I will have to keep an eye out for the PLT20 once September rolls around.
I meant sept 2019. It's already up on YouTube. Next up should be the PLOD but let's see what happens with the Wuhan virus