Cricket Betting Site Betway

Thread: Need Batting Advise

Cricket Spectator

Need Batting Advise

Hi all, new on this site
    Im back into club cricket after a 10-15 year lay off. The body just hurts more now lol. Our team has already been playing the same team for a few weeks as pre season training. in 3 matches i have gone 7,43 off 39 and 45 off lots. Im a leftie and i feel like im getting the groove back. Just extra pace is a little tricky. I just want some advise to how i can try to make more singles, im not into running fast 2s as im pretty slow, and ive already been run out twice. but if i can make some more singles i can start scoring a little faster. Or should i just play my natural game? I tend to play with a straight bat with not alot of runs coming especially at the start. Im decent pulling, mid wicket or straight, hopeless outside the off stump and if swinging likely to nick one through

Perhaps just a bit more fitness, practicing fast running, getting back into the swing of things etc. Particularly if you've had a long time not playing, these sorts of things may take a little while to sort out.

All in all, though, I really don't know. In my time playing, it's been clear that some players are more adept or able at taking singles than others, and you may just have to put up with what you produce (paticularly if like me, you can only really play a leg-glance).
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy101 View Post
    The BBL is like an un-flushable turd. No matter how many times you flush, it just keeps whirling & whirling around the bowl.
    Marxists, however, are pretty much the only thinkers who accept no responsibility whatsoever for real-world approximations of their ideas. ... Only Marxism has the luxury of being judged purely as a set of ideas, which something as mundane as real-world experience could never blemish.

Dan
    Global Moderator
    I find that playing very late helps, as does focusing on where gaps are (vs where fielders are)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

Thread Information