• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bat Knocking In Service (Near Harrow, preferably)

5UBY

Cricket Spectator
Hi chaps,

Some help if you will?

I want to have my bat oiled and knocked in (no time to do it myself), and previously used VK Sports in Ealing.

Not entirely convinced, and my new bat looks and feels the part (Ihsan Inferno 450) so reluctant to use it unless fully prepared.

Can anyone recommend a trusted knocking in service provider in the London or Hertfordshire area please?

Grateful for any advice/recommendations.

Thank you in advance!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I believe oiling someone's bat and beating it for a price is illegal in most parts

Burgey

If you can afford to be patient and take your timer before using it, you can knock it in yourself with a ball mallet. If you're in a hurry then you'll need a store I suppose.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Hi chaps,

Some help if you will?

I want to have my bat oiled and knocked in (no time to do it myself), and previously used VK Sports in Ealing.

Not entirely convinced, and my new bat looks and feels the part (Ihsan Inferno 450) so reluctant to use it unless fully prepared.

Can anyone recommend a trusted knocking in service provider in the London or Hertfordshire area please?

Grateful for any advice/recommendations.

Thank you in advance!
There's plenty in London doing it, just make sure they do it by hand not by machine apparently if you want the edges done best.

Burgey

Before they had machines, part of the bat knocking in process often involved rolling the edges down the top of an empty bath for a few hours. Obviously this wasn't an English technique, as they don't have baths there.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Before they had machines, part of the bat knocking in process often involved rolling the edges down the top of an empty bath for a few hours. Obviously this wasn't an English technique, as they don't have baths there.

They have Bath's there. They have a town with a famous rugby club named Bath. The Romans built them.

What is more funny about England, is that in the South, where Bath town in Somerset is situated, they pronounce bath as "barrth", but in the north they prounounce bath as "stuff it - I'm off for a point at the pub".