• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling spin: ball turning opposite direction to expectation

Risc_Terilia

Cricket Spectator
I used to bowl off spin and was getting a decent amount of turn with two fingers together at the top of the ball. I recently changed my grip to try to improve accuracy to the grip below, pushing my index finger along the seam (and using wrist movement) to get the spin as per the arrow as my thump comes off the ball.

The odd thing is that this ball very definitely turns to off rather than turning to leg and I can't think why that would be happening. As it happens I'm quite happy with it doing that but I'm just worried that it will stop doing that and I won't know why. Can anyone help explain this?

BwzR8tk.jpg

Thanks