• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bat Knocking In

Tesla

Cricket Spectator
Hi

Recently got into cricket.

I'll admit to it right off the bat....

I used a bat without knocking it in first (i thought it was pre knocked in but it was a different one than what I'd ordered)

Its obviously now got some dents and a couple of fractures along the edges.

My question is it it worth sticking with and knocking it in still, or just to get rid?

Was only a cheapish bat anyway....

YorksLanka

International Debutant
yes agree..if its already dented then once you have the tape on it, use an older softer ball at first and then move onto a new hard ball..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And once you've knocked it in, no matter what you do, don't use it on bowling machines. the balls they use on those things are basically bat-breakers. If you decide to get into the game more, would strongly recommend having a much cheaper practice bat to use on those things and keeping your better bat for game day.