• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Bat for Burgeinho

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good Morning,

Having spent a thousand bucks on a ****ing bat for the young bloke two years ago, it now has cracks in the back and front of the blade up near the handle, though apparently it's still playing ok. It's cannon of a thing and he wants to get another GM.

It being the second half of the season here, there are a few deals going around, he's seen a 2lb 9oz GM DXM Chrome, down from $925 to $650.00. Anyone used one or have one, and how have you found them? Bats are too expensive these days to go into without some sort of clue as to how they go.

Meridio

International Regular
Get a Laver & Wood instead. You're paying the same amount of money, but getting something that is custom made and higher quality. If mine breaks - which I desperately hope it doesn't, though I've now used it for 3.5 seasons and 2500 runs so it's seen a bit of use - I'm not even going to bother looking at anyone else, despite living on the opposite side of the world.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Deadly serious here

Social Jnr has a harrow GN Atomic which set me back about $150 and has just about as good a middle in it as any bat I can remember using in the dark ages

Assuming that's the case with most modern bats, there's no need to spend a grand on one and particularly when cricket gear is on sale at many places

You know the drill - point him towards the discounted ones and have him find one that he likes

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tons of good bats available in the $200 range. They usually last a season if you use them in both nets and games but easily more if you play less and take good care of them.

Burgey's loaded though and as with most things, you get what you pay for, so no reason why he shouldn't spend more on something that's better, especially if Burgeinho has his eye on something.

Never used L&W but I've heard lots of good things about them. Millichamp is another maker that creates ****ing amazing blades.

Last edited: