• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I have a query, if someone can answer with proof please

PCBAAO

Cricket Spectator
In Beamer ball above the waist (which is suppose to be NO Ball), if Batsman tries to play and ball touches the bat's lower corner and go to the wicket. what it will be?

No Ball or Out ???

Thanks
BR
Abdullah

Howe_zat

Audio File
No ball, not out, and I hope the batsman took a cheeky single when the fieldling side were busy appealing.

If it's above waist height on the full it's a no ball, and so is a no ball by the time it reaches the batsman. As such it can't be out bowled, caught, lbw, hit wicket or stumped. They can still be out in the other weird ways.

This is different to a wide which if hit by the batsman can't be called a wide.

Trivia: This is why when counting the balls a batsman has faced, no balls count but wides don't. You can hit a no ball, but you can't hit a wide since if you hit it, it isn't wide.

Bijed

International Regular
No ball, not out, and I hope the batsman took a cheeky single when the fieldling side were busy appealing.

If it's above waist height on the full it's a no ball, and so is a no ball by the time it reaches the batsman. As such it can't be out bowled, caught, lbw, hit wicket or stumped. They can still be out in the other weird ways.

This is different to a wide which if hit by the batsman can't be called a wide.

Trivia: This is why when counting the balls a batsman has faced, no balls count but wides don't. You can hit a no ball, but you can't hit a wide since if you hit it, it isn't wide.
I do find it kind of curious that you can be given out handled the ball off a no-ball, since it tends to happen when batsmen use their hand to stop the ball hitting the stumps, which wouldn't be out anyway in this case. But then I guess if you couldn't be out handled the ball you'd be able to catch it and run with it over the boundary or something.

Will this resolve itself when it gets merged with obstructing the field, as you could argue that there's nothing obstructive about nudging the ball away from the stumps if you couldn't be given out bowled anyway?

Howe_zat

Audio File
The handled the ball dismissal isn't really there for the more common 'knock it away from your stumps with your hand.' It's there to prevent outright cheating.

Basically anything that lets you run forever (e.g. catching the ball and running with it) will always be off limits.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If it touches the inside of his bat and cannons into his box it will also be 'no ball'. Depending on where the impact occurs, it could be two no balls.