• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bat Recommendations

Cover Drive

Cricket Spectator
Guys, I've had the same bat for nearly 20years it's had many repairs but now it's finally given up, trying to replace it has been a nightmare, I've purchase don't several but none have the same feel, I'm a front foot player and love driving, I'm looking for something between 2-8 and 2-10, with a light pick up and a low middle, can someone please please help me out with recommendations?? Thank you in advance!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
20 years?? :o

What bat was this? Can't get anything that lasts longer than 2 seasons these days.

Cover Drive

Cricket Spectator
20 years?? :o

What bat was this? Can't get anything that lasts longer than 2 seasons these days.
It was or is a Malik Zulfi, purchased from Malik Sports in Slough, it has a hole in the middle which I wood fillered and super glued and covered in bat tape!

Daemon

Don't ever buy off eBay.

There are tons of fake bats out there these days. They put a grain sheet on the top and back and a toeguard to hide the fact. The stickers are almost identical as well.

Burgey

If you're in the UK you should be in decent shape to go along to a store to see how various cues pick up then buy one from a reputable sports store or an online outlet (agree about staying away from ebay tbh). I[d recommend you try a few out in-store before settling on one to buy, then see what sorts of deals you can get online. If you've found one you like at a retail outlet which is cheaper online, ask the outlet if they will match prices for you.