• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Problem with the online retailer 'Cricketdirect'

Alan90125

Cricket Spectator
Hi,
2 months ago, I ordered some cricket gear online from a company called Cricketdirect. I live in Spain, so retail options are limited here! The company they use for delivery (DPD) made a number of mistakes with the delivery. The end result was the parcel was sent back to the UK. It ended up sitting in a delivery hub in England for a month. Now they say the parcel has gone missing.

I contacted Cricketdirect to complain. Unfortunately their customer services department have proved to be completely useless and not at all interested in helping me. As the contract for delivery is between Cricketdirect and DPD, it is up to cricketdirect to complain on my behalf.

I wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience? Does anyone know someone senior at Cricketdirect who might be interested in helping?

At the moment, based on my experience, I would think twice about ordering anything from them. To make matters worse, they charged me a fortune for delivery!

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well if you haven't received the product, you're entitled to a refund by default (or when you cancel the order online). Are they refusing to provide one?

Alan90125

Cricket Spectator
They told me I couldn't get a refund until the parcel was returned. That was before DPD lost the parcel. Now I've been told I need to wait on the conclusion of the DPD investigation of the lost parcel which could take up to 2 weeks.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well at this point unfortunately you've not got much of a choice but to wait

I suppose it's not entirely their fault either and they do have an SOP which prevents them from refunding until the package is returned or the delivery company acknowledges that they stuffed up.

Unfortunate situation but hopefully it works out.

Alan90125

Cricket Spectator
Daemon,
You're right, it's not their fault DPD have messed up. However, what annoys me most is that I asked them weeks ago (long before the parcel went missing) to make a complaint to DPD about the mistakes that were made during the attempted deliver.

They did nothing and didn't provide me with any good reason for not complaining.

So, very poor customer service. Having been charged £30 fro delivery I'm sure you'll understand why I'd like that refunded along with the cost of the order. I expect the £30 Cricketdirect charged me, far exceeds what they were charged by DPD for a small 0.4kg parcel.So, no incentive for them to complain I suppose.