• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does truly front arm bowling exist?

Ridhwa Sarkar

Cricket Spectator
Guys,interested in fast bowling think about it.Can you throw the bowl being side on at the triggering moment?try it honestly.Its not possible.At triggering moment you must be front on.There are few steps to be followed to bowl fast.first running,then gathering the action,next hanging & next followed by triggeringng & follow through.You can stay side on upto hanging only,so to me the term coaches,commentry team use 'Side on action' is vague.We are all front arm bowlers.

Kirkut

International Regular
It is more difficult to bowl an outswinger with a chest on/front on action, I don't know the reason but read it somewhere. Coaches will always recommend an aspiring bowler to bowl side on, but there are plenty who have been very successful with chest on action - Marshall, Flintoff, Steyn, Akram and Ntini.

Ridhwa Sarkar

Cricket Spectator
Can you tell me how will u throw a delivery bein side on?your body will surely open.actually i do agree with you.but going through the book the' fast bowlers bible'.i have changed my mind.anyway,thank you very much for at least thinking this technical matter.

Kirkut

International Regular
Can you tell me how will u throw a delivery bein side on?your body will surely open.actually i do agree with you.but going through the book the' fast bowlers bible'.i have changed my mind.anyway,thank you very much for at least thinking this technical matter.
Yes while releasing the ball your body is front on irrespective of the action, the difference here could be that your bowling arm is more round armed while releasing the ball when your action is chest on. With a side on action, you release the ball from a greater height i.e. your arm pointing vertically upwards. Watch some Waqar Younis and Kapil Dev bowling videos to get a better perspective on side on action.