• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Bat Info + Knocking

benthedangerboy

Cricket Spectator
Hi all,

So the new season is about the start and I play on the amateur circuit in my county. I've bought two Kookaburra Kahuna 650s, a 2-8 and a 2-10. How long do I need to knock each? Does it really take 6 hours to properly knock a bat? I've got linseed oil for lubrication.

Also, what would be a good bat for the nets? I've never really used a Kashmir Willow bat here in the UK so was wondering if a cheap Kashmir willow bat would be ok just for net sessions. I've looked at the Slazenger 1000 Advance - Slazenger | Slazenger 1000 Advantage Cricket Bat | Cricket Bats

I don't really want to use my Kahunas at the nets, we train indoors at the Oval on concrete.

Thanks!