• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

help with batting gloves needed

lald6103

Cricket Spectator
thumb_IMG_7862_1024.jpg

i'm a right handed batsman. this is the third right glove i have ripped in exactly the same spot this year. i am buying decent gloves as well - kookaburra, spartan, slazenger etc. is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

thanks

NoShortCuts

Cricket Spectator
This is situation occurs with many cricketers.
I am assuming your hands sweat while having batting session and this might be a reason gloves are ripping apart.

1. You should also let them dry after batting session. Let them dry in shadow and not directly in Sun Light as it is not recommended (Don't know why but experts in India says so, I'll ask them later when I'll get chance).

2. You can also try Batting inner gloves, they will absorb the sweat sparing batting gloves, This will most probably solve the problem. Also batting will feel nice to you with inner gloves. Its all about comfort with them

3. You can own a pair of gloves and use them alternatively after batting session giving each pair ample time to dry up.

Batting Cotton Inner Gloves 100 Genuine SG Campus Men Boxing Punch Gloves | eBay

There might be better ones available

Last edited:

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
User inners and I'd check the bat grip you are using. Perhaps it's an abrasive one? Try a grip such as GM bat grip, they have good cusion and less abrasive.