• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Painted cricket bats?!

dilby

Cricket Spectator
Hi all -

I'm looking at buy a new bat and saw some crazy deals in sports direct for bats that I know are legit; for example a big kahuna kookaburra bat. But I go in and all the bats seem to be painted - like a wood coloured paint over all the wood, but you can see the brush strokes, and on some I swear there was a printed wood-effect contact covering it. Is it common for bats to be painted or is that just a straight up crappy bat? I'm just curious though because they are genuine model names. Some of them just seemed cheaper wood.

Take a look at the close ups of these bats for example; same bats but the wood looks totally different:

Kookaburra Instinct 500 Cricket Bat - Cricket Direct

Kookaburra | Kookaburra Instinct 500 Cricket Bat | Cricket Bats

You can see that the sports direct wood looks so much cheaper; is it possible that these bats are produced in two ranges, but not marked on the label? For example a crappy one for the cheaper market and a good one?

Thoughts appreciated!

kevinrob204

Cricket Spectator
The relationship began in the mid-1990s between the MRF and the legendary Sachin Tendulkar giving the MRF a well-known family name. That's how it started. The MRF chose to support newcomer Sachin Tendulkar, who slowly began to become a frenetic national cricket hero. At the time Sachin had no sponsor for his bathroom with Sachin's manager, Mark Mascarenhas, drawing on the MRF contract that led to Sachin's historic journey into the successful "MRF" run. At first, only Sachin Tendulkar threw a willow with the "MRF" sticker. Subsequently the magical effects of the MRF Bat UK brand have been useful as Brian Lara, Steve Waugh, Ab De Viller's, Shikhar Dhawan, Gautam Gambhir, Rohit Sharma. The impact of the MRF score was outstanding and the MRF soon began manufacturing cricket bats, pads, gloves and other accessories. MRF's new mascot is India's most iconic and iconic sailor - Virat Kohli and his legacy continue! MRF's still binding potential can grow like Prithvi Shaw if you think about cricket futures, nothing fits a successful partner like MRF bats! In the online cricket mart shop, we have MRF cricket options. beauty and value. In fact, Virat Kohli cricket drum kit, also known as Virat Genius, belongs to the MRF team. MFF bats are made from high quality English willow bats. A good bass for athletes who need a bass have a great selection. These bats are known. thanks to its simple weight profile, MRF Virat Kohli's traditional bat is grown with a high back design and tall English willow to provide perfect ping and performance. Used by Virat Kohli and Sachin Tendulkar, the Grand Edition is still one of the best bats on the market. . With a broad player profile and big point, this club is perfect for volleyball players looking for that energy. MRFs are better than themselves right now.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
I'm not entirely sure I can see what you mean. It could just be poor photography.

At some points in history, I think there have been coated bats, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the shops.

(Also, I just cross-checked on the Greg Chappell Cricket Centre site: I see Kookaburra have one that weighs 2 lb 5 oz. If only they'd brought it out a year ago.)

allaboutcricket

Cricket Spectator
I would suggest that you should choose a quality bat over anything. The quality of the bat can reflect in your game. Before any purchase make sure that you are shopping from a good dealer.

allaboutcricketstore

Cricket Spectator
You can rely on All About Cricket LLC's extensive selection and experienced staff to provide you with professional bat suggestions. Their knowledge of the industry allows them to make recommendations that are specific to your playing style, budget, and ability level. All About Cricket LLC guarantees you find the ideal match to improve your game, offering everything from high-performance bats to beginner-friendly alternatives. To find the ideal option for your cricketing requirements, rely on their wide assortment and knowledgeable guidance.