• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gear for Indoor Cricket

dilby

Cricket Spectator
Hi all -

I'm about to start my first season of indoor cricket. Currently I own hardly any gear as I recently made a big move and got rid of most my stuff, and am looking firstly at the right bat to buy. I bought a cheapie a little while ago just for playing around in the back yard, and was going to buy a good bat that I could use for outdoor cricket, but I have heard that you really need a lighter bat for indoor cricket? Is this true? I have a slazenger V3 which is a real cheapie (cloth covered) which i bought for like £15 at sports direct - would i actually be better off using something like this?

Also, I've been told by the organisers that they wear full protective gear including helmets - is this overkill? I've watched a fair bit of indoor cricket since they told me that online and no one wears them or pads. Is it different at club level or is this really unusual?

Thanks!