• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stretches/Stregntheing

tedsheppard

Cricket Spectator
I'm 14. What stretches or stregnthening activities would you suggest that would make me a lot faster. I have been told I should not be lifting weights because I am at an age where that can do damage, I do chin ups though I am not great at them. I have tried a rowing machine and after half an hour my back was in real pain. Any help??? I already do core stuff as well at a proper physio place.

TonyM

Cricket Spectator
There are lots of things you can do before you get to the 'lifting weights' stage, although I wouldn't say age was a barrier if you were physically ready for it (certainly better than rowing for half an hour). The best place to look is on cricketstrength.com - they have a specific programme for young cricketers which is broken down into stages appropriate to where you a currently physically, but even if you didn't want to buy one of their programmes they have a great bank of free resources