• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling - Ball slipping out of hand at release point

WhiteShadow

Cricket Spectator
Hi Everyone,

I'm struggling at the moment to get the ball to pitch. I find that at the release point, the ball feels as if it slips out of my hand, and ends up reaching the stumps at about waist height for the batsmen. The line is either on the stumps, or down the leg side.

Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent this?

Many thanks,
Chris

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm struggling at the moment to get the ball to pitch. I find that at the release point, the ball feels as if it slips out of my hand, and ends up reaching the stumps at about waist height for the batsmen. The line is either on the stumps, or down the leg side.

Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent this?

Many thanks,
Chris
Dont bowl with the new ball and hold it cross seam. I occasionally have this issue. Dont get too comfortable thoguh and be totally reliant on this method.

Ahmed554

Cricket Spectator
Get a bow;...do this excercise,hold the bowl as tight as you can in your hands and keep doing it for good 30 min daily then go to nets do it before 5 min u bowl and then start bowling by holding the bowl tightly,,,