Thread: Bowling action analysis and increase of pace.

Bowling action analysis and increase of pace.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I am 21 years old living in Canada and aspiring to be a fast bowler. Even though I haven't clocked my bowling speed before, I know I'm not bowling at a speed of more than 110km/hour. I have been practicing on remodelling my bowling action for a month now and have made some strides as I had a real consistent chucking problem before. This summer will be my first taste of competitive cricket as I have never played cricket competitively before.

My question is very simple, how do I increase my pace? Is it too late for me to do so as I am 21 or is there still hope? Also it would be great if you let me know of some fitness and workout routines I can do to make myself stronger for fast bowling and just cricket itself in general.

Second, if you guys can nitpick and analyze my run-up and bowling action in the following video of me bowling, that would be great.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Better rhythm on your approach, with a bit more speed, and getting into position to deliver the ball earlier in the delivery stride would probably help. As would getting rid of the double hop on the back foot before release. You don't seem to have any leverage from your run-up into the delivery stride, by this I mean you just amble to the crease and then amble through it. Your run-up should be building to a release of the ball at the crease, so it needs to build to its maximum output by the time you get there.

You can get faster as you get older, it depends on your build through your teens and at what point you develop more physically.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    You take off off your right foot and land on your right, Your left leg collapses in delivery. These are not terminal but they do make it tough to bowl quick as you kill all your momentum through the crease and the lower part of your body isnt naturally rotating to bring your right hip through.
    Last edited by Goughy; 13-04-2015 at 07:56 PM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    You take off off your right foot and land on your right, Your left leg collapses in delivery. These are not terminal but they do make it tough to bowl quick as you kill all your momentum through the crease and the lower part of your body isnt naturally rotating to bring your right hip through.
    You're right. I've watched a few videos of right arm pace bowlers in the last few days and the one thing I've seen about them is that when they are just about to JUMP, they jump using their left leg, the first leg that lands back down is the right and the left leg comes down after that extended with the foot almost touching the crease line. I've noticed (I'm right arm as well) that I jump with my right and also land on it while my left leg remains completely useless, well it actually kinda hinders my movement too to be honest. I feel that in my run up, I instinctively want to jump using my right leg instead of left, is this a big problem and how can I fix this??

Thread Information