• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hop during bowling action-help

Itsagopro

Cricket Spectator
Hey there,

I'm just wondering. I have a very
unique' bowling action where i take off of my left foot as I'm right handed and then hop on my right foot before landing my left foot and delivering the ball. The hop is very small but it does remove some of the pace off of my bowling. I was wondering if there is an easy way of correcting this. I've bowled like this all of my life and my coaches have never picked it up.

I have been successful in junior cricket with it but am worried that if I transition into senior cricket thisyear that it will just further impair me or even be classified as an illegal delivery.

Thanks forthe help.

Le Mac

Banned
You are right to be worried about transitioning to senior cricket with this kind of action. Regardless of whether you are successful from a wicket taking perspective, the main problem you will face is ridicule. The older boys won't hold back and you will be the brunt of jokes from Melbourne to Mumbai. My suggestion is either a cattle prod up the clacker every time you offend or to take up the triple jump.