• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wanna Be Test Quickie

mrclack73

Cricket Spectator
G'day all,
I (as I have said on previous occasions) am 13 and am a wannabe test bowler for the Aussies. How would I do this, because I (and many others) believe I have great potential. What are some ways to get noticed? (rather than going onto the SCG, steal the ball and bowl). Also I was playing a T20 Selected Rep Game (best players) the other day and got 3/13 and bowled excellently. When I lay my hands on some video of my bowling, I will send it so you officianados can tell me what's what.

Cheers, have a lovely evening

mrclack73

Cricket Spectator
[video]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzFG-5D1zLcRQmExU3h0UFlzWFE/edit?usp=drive_web[/video]
Bowling video :)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Shorten the run up and lose the histrionics post-delivery.

On a serious note, your action looks reasonably smooth and rhythmical. Would like to see head-on footage.

mrclack73

Cricket Spectator
My normal run is 18 steps, with seven short ones going back beyond hat to walk to get my rhythm. I'll try to get some head on footage. Also the hysterics were because it hit the bat but didn't carry to the keeper

Bleed_Blue

School Boy/Girl Captain
I am not a pace bowler but I like your action it's quite smooth I would be keen to follow your career.

Dhoni_183*

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nice action. I rarely play now but unfortunately my action is anything but textbook, it's like Tait's or MJ. Wasn't intentional by me, just happened. But I do bowl with heat, everyone comments on it.

mrclack73

Cricket Spectator
Thanks heaps, I see the last 2 commenters are from The UK, if I play form Australia some day, I'm hopefully gonna obliterate your country :)

Last edited:

Dhoni_183*

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Thanks heaps, I see the last 2 commenters are from The UK, if I play form Australia some day, I'm hopefully gonna obliterate your country :)
Well I support India and I assume Bleed Blue above me does too. Just don't hurt India, give them lovely freebies on flat tracks, enhance their reputation and pay packet!

Bleed_Blue

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well I support India and I assume Bleed Blue above me does too. Just don't hurt India, give them lovely freebies on flat tracks, enhance their reputation and pay packet!
That's right Skip I am an Indian fan, yeah make sure you bowl some fair dinkum stuff to us! I am guessing your ultimate goal would be to secure a deal with an IPL franchise just as some of the Australian greats have gone on to do.

ayeshafatima

Cricket Spectator
Head still, so many times I've focused on this and I've found I'm able to pick up the ball much earlier and maintain better balance and shape whilst playing a shot than before, Hurricane listed some other good points

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As already mentioned, your run-up is far too long. There is zero argument for you needing that length. It looks silly. You also over stride in your run up which hurts your balance in delivery but I would also be willing to bet that is a product of the overly long run.

I like your action but, even if the ball in the video is a slower ball, you need to complete your action and follow through after delivery. You have a 30 year run up and stop within 2 yards after the crease. You are not taking your momentum through the crease which further shows how unnecessary your run up is.

Shorten your run up and work on transferring momentum through the crease and after delivery.

Having said all that, your action looks nice and I went through frame by frame and I like the position you get your feet into - a front on video would be more helpful though.

mrclack73

Cricket Spectator
Thanks heaps for the help. I too agree my run is too long, by how long should I shorten it? I've shortened it by a few metres since that video was taken to 14 steps rather than 18. I could so with an even shorten run perhaps