• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best batting stance grip place to take gaurd

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Iv just started cricket and im wondering what the best batting stance/grip/place to take gaurd would be i figured a good gaurd would be middle stump gaurd as that opens up both sides of the wicket also a high grip on the bat sound good as i can play on both sides of the wicket then i wanted to avoid having trigger movements and just stand still when ball is being delivered as this will naturaly allow my head to keep still and not move

Last edited:

sjg2797

Cricket Spectator
You've got the right idea with your guard. You might want to consider a lower grip as it gives you more control of your shots, a higher grip can lead to more lofting on your shots.