• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

need ur suggestion please help me out

aven

Banned
i played cricket for the first time wen i was 13 years old in a summer camp for around a month , at the end of the summer camp my coach told me that i have that caliber and talent in the game and that i play pretty well , i was batsmen at that time. but due to some financial and family problem i cudnt continue to play cricket. now i m 19 and the last time i played cricket was in that summer camp i.e nearly 5 and half years back wen i was 13. last week i joined a cricket academy. i got to bat twice in nets form the day i have joined that academy i.e last week once and this once
and on both occasion i was bowled out thrice in around 30 balls that i played. so can u plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz suggest me that should i continue to play cricket plzzzz help me david. what should i do plzzzzz give me ur suggestion. i badly need help

Camel 56

Banned
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think you have much talent with the willow at all by the sounds of it. Your coach at the camp either didn't know what he was talking about or (more likely) was playing a sick joke on you. He's probably the type of person who takes pleasure in other peoples misfortune so your best bet is to just forget he ever existed and find something else to do with your time that you're actually good at.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Your coach at the camp didn't know what he was talking about
The irony is stunning :ph34r:

You need to play a little more and allow yourself some time to improve before you can make a judgement on whether you are any good. Also, unless you are trying to make a career out of cricket or something as long as you are enjoying playing cricket you should continue regardless of skill or ability

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
The irony is stunning :ph34r:

You need to play a little more and allow yourself some time to improve before you can make a judgement on whether you are any good. Also, unless you are trying to make a career out of cricket or something as long as you are enjoying playing cricket you should continue regardless of skill or ability
No matter what your skill level, I have no doubt there is a league nearby that is suitable. The main thing is to have fun!

Camel 56

Banned
I find it a little disturbing that you people continue to give this poor lad false hope that he is any good. He isn't, that's obvious. By giving him this type of false hope you are no better than the cricket coach who originally planted the deluded seed in his mind that pursuing cricket was a good idea. Sure, there is always a competition that is suitable no matter how bad you are but unfortunately in this case I doubt that many parents would be impressed when a teenager joins their 5 year olds playing Kanga Cricket.

mullarkey

School Boy/Girl Captain
i played cricket for the first time wen i was 13 years old in a summer camp for around a month , at the end of the summer camp my coach told me that i have that caliber and talent in the game and that i play pretty well , i was batsmen at that time. but due to some financial and family problem i cudnt continue to play cricket. now i m 19 and the last time i played cricket was in that summer camp i.e nearly 5 and half years back wen i was 13. last week i joined a cricket academy. i got to bat twice in nets form the day i have joined that academy i.e last week once and this once
and on both occasion i was bowled out thrice in around 30 balls that i played. so can u plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz suggest me that should i continue to play cricket plzzzz help me david. what should i do plzzzzz give me ur suggestion. i badly need help
Aven, I wanted to be Barry Richards when I was a youngster but I wasn't who is? You clearly love cricket and want to play it for that reason. Maximus is right, don't worry about it, enjoy it for what it is. I opened the batting for a pub team and I loved it because I love cricket I also like RL but I was totally rubbish at it and never played for anyone! You will find a team somewhere locally and you will love it!!