• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LegSpinner question?

shahidpak

Cricket Spectator
Alright im new in this forum im a legspinner:
my leg breaks are good enough but i have got 2 problems

-I try to bowl the googly with my upper body bent and my arm nearest to 90° to the parallel to the groud. The line i bowl it is not a problem but because i bowl it out of the back of the hand it goes TOO high in the air and goes to slow.
Could any spinner give me tips on how to solve my problem but with the same action (or another one)

-Second problem (minor problem) My leg break is completly different to my googly, will a batsmen see what ball is coming by seeing mu action?

BTW im not too tall im 13 years old thanks (im new sorry if i posted in the wrong place)

Camel 56

Banned
My advice to you would be to forget about spin bowling altogether. You won't be good enough in all likelihood. At any level lower than 1st class cricket spinners are nothing more than tonk material. They're there simply to bolster batting averages and give the batting side a hard-on from all the boundaries that inevitably flow. The closest you'll come to being a decent leg spinner is dying your hair blonde, lighting a cigarette as you come in to bowl and chowing down on a tin of baked beans in the lunch break.