• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast Bowling coaching dvds

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
Can anyone recommend any fast bowling coaching clinics or seminars available on dvds. I have the NSW fast bowling dvd plus some ECB Wings to Fly dvds.

akkers

Cricket Spectator
Look up Ian Pont

Ian Pont seems to be an expert on biomechanics of fast bowling and has a book out. Do a search for him on Googel to see what courses he is running these days.

Blocky

Banned
Not a video, but a very good book from Ian Pont - Fast Bowling Bible. Will give you some technique and drills to work on to increase speed, although don't expect to go from 115 to 140kmh without some serious yoga, pilates and crossfit style work.

The Coach

Cricket Spectator
Ian Pont seems to be an expert on biomechanics of fast bowling and has a book out. Do a search for him on Googel to see what courses he is running these days.
Indeed, I did Ian's ABSAT [Advanced Bio-mechanics for Speed and Accuracy Training] course a few years back - if you are in the UK, I think he still runs this. I recon it will find most seamers and extra 5 mph if you can adopt / adapt - but muscle memory is hard to change. Yes, his book "The Fast Bowler's Bible" is a good read too.

One of the Wings to Fly DVDs has some useful stuff - Part 2 [Foundations for Success] has some good tecnical ABCD stuff from Kevin Shine and Part 4 [Setting the Pace] also has too.

What exactly were you looking for? If you want to see the perfect model in action, Allan Donald is a good place to start.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ian Pont actually posts here from time to time as well; his username is Ponty. If you dropped him a VM about his courses I reckon he'd probably get back to you.