• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Left arm fast bowling

Abdullahkhalid

Cricket Spectator
Le

Hi. I'm from Pakistan and a complete cricket fanatic. I'm 6"0 and I'm 14 years old. I'm also a left arm fast medium bowler. It would be very appreciated if anyone can give me advice or tips in bowling. I'm skinny and suffer from lack of pace. For about a month now I have been going to the gym and have improved my diet. I have played a couple of matches from my school as an opener bowler but I bowl a lot of wides down the leg side. Can anyone help me bowl a natural swing bowling across the right hander? All I can do is bowl an in swingerl which goes down the leg side for wide. I would be very grateful for any kind help.*

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You should talk to the poster from NZ Welalbidarned.

My thoughts. You shouldn't be trying to swing it away from the right hander anyway. It is most natural for you to shape it back in. Your variation can be your cross seam delivery where you just angle it across the right hander.

Until you can learn how to control your swing I would bowl every ball across the seam.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mate my advice would be to focus on accuracy at the moment, you'll probably get faster when you get older and stronger.

kipper

Cricket Spectator
Consistency should be your aim and that can only be achieved with a well practiced technique. Speed and power as mentioned will come. You could vary this with outside spin taking the batsman off his mark