• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advice for damaged bat

gareth8jones

Cricket Spectator
Hi all I need help, I was an idiot and damaged the edge of my bat, does anyone have advice on how I can fix it? I hope the picture has attached and thanks! IMG_20130802_152911.jpg

J_asonR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Shouldn't really need any sort of fixing other than cosmetic. The bat should play as normal.

J_asonR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Polyfiller? I really have no idea.. I would even bother touching it in my opinion.. Someone else might have tried to repair something like this before, but in the past, I'd have left it.

gareth8jones

Cricket Spectator
Polyfiller? I really have no idea.. I would even bother touching it in my opinion.. Someone else might have tried to repair something like this before, but in the past, I'd have left it.
Yeah I guess I'll leave it if it's not going to break the bat, just annoyed because its still new!

akkers

Cricket Spectator
Bat Doctor

I suppose its not relevant to you but I saw a news piece the other day about a guy who they call the 'Bat Doctor' based in Karachi. When no one can repair a bat, they take it to him and he will do his magic. He is known to have repaired bats for international stars as well as local people.

Riggins

International Captain
you could fill it with sawdust/wood filler/glue, let it dry and sand it down and tape over it, but there's no real point, it's not going to affect performance.