• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Severe Anxiety

AliAsad

Cricket Spectator
I have a problem that has been stopping me to perform to my maximum ability. Whenever i practice, i do everything really well. My batting has flow in it, i can rotate strike easily and i seem to just 'bat' without thinking about anything. But as soon as i go onto the pitch, i experience SEVERE anxiety such that even though i am concentrating really hard(like i am really concentrating) i feel as if im working 200% just to survive. I get into a really defensive mode and start blocking everything and bowlers who i would EASILY rotate for singles in the nets start getting the better of me. I feel as if if i play any kind of shot other than the forward defensive ,i might get out. This is pretty much the reason i cant perform at all in the games while i bat like no one can get my out in the nets. This same thing happens with me while fielding. During fielding practice, i can catch pretty much everything but as soon as a catch goes up in the air in the game i usually drop it because i cant get myself into good position due to the SEVERE ANXIETY. One last example of my condition is that sometimes when i go out there in the middle i play 60mph bowlers like 80mph as i am really late on them when they are not even remotely close to be bowling quick but i make them look quick. I need immediate help with this anxiety problem because its killing my love for the game as im not having fun playing because when i go out their to bat i feel like i rather be home at that moment. This is the really i am not playing for the past week or so because i know until i dont get over this problem, i wont score runs and wont have fun so if someone can guide me to what i should do it would be really helpful.

Thanks

Last edited: