• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New bat?

jonnyharvey

Cricket Spectator
I'm 15, play a reasonably good game -county under 15s and club men's teams- but m bat snapped last week and m looking for a new one.
What I'm looking for is a bat that has a big but mid to low middle, I've seen the GM Octanes but my friends had to have 3 sent to him as they all broke during first use, an suggestions?

J_asonR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm 15, play a reasonably good game -county under 15s and club men's teams- but m bat snapped last week and m looking for a new one.
What I'm looking for is a bat that has a big but mid to low middle, I've seen the GM Octanes but my friends had to have 3 sent to him as they all broke during first use, an suggestions?
I think the tip here is more to knock in whatever bat you get properly.. It seems as if your friend didn't if they've all broken on first use..

I've bought a Hunts County Caraelex (or however you spell it) and have been knocking it in now for about 2 weeks, 30 mins a night.. So yeah, prepare the bat before you use it..

Also, best of luck with your county game! I've been there and it's good fun! Keep it up.

jonnyharvey

Cricket Spectator
I think the tip here is more to knock in whatever bat you get properly.. It seems as if your friend didn't if they've all broken on first use..

I've bought a Hunts County Caraelex (or however you spell it) and have been knocking it in now for about 2 weeks, 30 mins a night.. So yeah, prepare the bat before you use it..

Also, best of luck with your county game! I've been there and it's good fun! Keep it up.
That's what everyone says, but they come fully pre-prepared! They say completely ready for use but every time they break.
What's your hunts county like? Big middle? High middle?

J_asonR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
That's what everyone says, but they come fully pre-prepared! They say completely ready for use but every time they break.
What's your hunts county like? Big middle? High middle?
I've had a few bats that say that and I've always knocked it in as well! Never trust what it says and always use your own instinct.. They've prepared it by rolling and not knocking in so it'll need to be done!

Yeah my Hunts County is awesome.. Just got back from using it for the first time in the nets and it pings amazingly!
The middle is mid i would say.. Pretty standard shaped bat nowadays.. Have a look on their website..