Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New bat?

  1. #1
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    2

    Icon12 New bat?

    I'm 15, play a reasonably good game -county under 15s and club men's teams- but m bat snapped last week and m looking for a new one.
    What I'm looking for is a bat that has a big but mid to low middle, I've seen the GM Octanes but my friends had to have 3 sent to him as they all broke during first use, an suggestions?

  2. #2
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer J_asonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Hampshire, England
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyharvey View Post
    I'm 15, play a reasonably good game -county under 15s and club men's teams- but m bat snapped last week and m looking for a new one.
    What I'm looking for is a bat that has a big but mid to low middle, I've seen the GM Octanes but my friends had to have 3 sent to him as they all broke during first use, an suggestions?
    I think the tip here is more to knock in whatever bat you get properly.. It seems as if your friend didn't if they've all broken on first use..

    I've bought a Hunts County Caraelex (or however you spell it) and have been knocking it in now for about 2 weeks, 30 mins a night.. So yeah, prepare the bat before you use it..

    Also, best of luck with your county game! I've been there and it's good fun! Keep it up.
    The English South African.

    Batting is simple (3W's):
    Watch it
    Wait for it
    WHACK IT!

  3. #3
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by J_asonR View Post
    I think the tip here is more to knock in whatever bat you get properly.. It seems as if your friend didn't if they've all broken on first use..

    I've bought a Hunts County Caraelex (or however you spell it) and have been knocking it in now for about 2 weeks, 30 mins a night.. So yeah, prepare the bat before you use it..

    Also, best of luck with your county game! I've been there and it's good fun! Keep it up.
    That's what everyone says, but they come fully pre-prepared! They say completely ready for use but every time they break.
    What's your hunts county like? Big middle? High middle?

  4. #4
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer J_asonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Hampshire, England
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyharvey View Post
    That's what everyone says, but they come fully pre-prepared! They say completely ready for use but every time they break.
    What's your hunts county like? Big middle? High middle?
    I've had a few bats that say that and I've always knocked it in as well! Never trust what it says and always use your own instinct.. They've prepared it by rolling and not knocking in so it'll need to be done!

    Yeah my Hunts County is awesome.. Just got back from using it for the first time in the nets and it pings amazingly!
    The middle is mid i would say.. Pretty standard shaped bat nowadays.. Have a look on their website..




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •