• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Confidence as a starter

Phate06

Cricket Spectator
Well, having thought about this, I think I have blown it all out of proportion, I won't be facing anyone who will bowl that fast because:
A) I am usually middle to end in batting so I won't be facing the best bowlers
B) we are a village team playing 40 overs on a Sunday not the IPL or first class cricket

Apart from the youngsters in the team who have grown up wearing them, there is only one other in my team who wears one, and that is only because his brother it hit by the ball, thrown by a fielder trying to run him out.

Thank you for all your advise, friendlys start on Sunday so lets see how it goes this year 8-)

jan

State Vice-Captain
No hurry with the helmet. Just wait untill you get hit on the head and then buy one.

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Another advice:

If anything, the place where you're most probably going to be hit badly is not in a game while batting, it's in the nets. Never, never, never get distracted in the nets, turning your back to the batsman while chatting to the other members is a too common mistake. And be wary if the nets are built right, I've been hit on the nose while bowling at the end of my follow through* by an on drive which came out as a lightning from the net at the side (there was a hole). Not really a pleasurable experience, let me tell you.

*careful also while bowling, keep focusing on the ball: return drives might be a lot worse than anything you'll face as a batsman

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have one, it feels to big though, will ask the guys at the club whether it look to big. It doesn't seem to sit right on me bonce:laugh:
Another piece of advice - timing is the key when asking someone if your helmet looks big.

Standing by the side of the nets with your just worn helmet in your hand = good timing.

Standing in the showers after the net session = bad timing.

Phate06

Cricket Spectator
Another piece of advice - timing is the key when asking someone if your helmet looks big.

Standing by the side of the nets with your just worn helmet in your hand = good timing.

Standing in the showers after the net session = bad timing.
:laughing:
Thanks for making me laugh my cuppa over my Keyboard