• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

help to identify the equipment

Morrison44

Cricket Spectator
Hello to everyone :) My names is Grzegorz, and I'm from Poland. We are just starting to organize cricket in Poland, and I'm starting my cricket adventure :) I'm now completing my cricket equipment, and I've found a used bat, but I can't identify it. I think that it is Slazenger V200 Panther model, but I can't find confirmation. Photos of Slazenger V200 Panther differ from the look of this bat. So I want to ask if this is an old version or some cheap Chinese rubbish fake??Is it worth buying?? Thank you in advance for you help :) here is the link to the bat: oryginalny kij do krykieta (3109714432) - Allegro.pl - Wi

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Looks genuine Slazenger to me - but it also looks about ten years old and very much like the kind of bat that you get for £15 in a kids' starter set. Wouldn't want to be using it against anyone bowling over about 60kph or the age of 11.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Grzegorz, the bat looks crap but its bloody cheap. It could last a seson in the nets (a teammate of mine bought a very similar one and it lasted exactly 6 months before breaking up = worth those 20 €). More importantly it gives you a tool to practice at home in front of a mirror or with a ball on string.
Should you play a match grab a proper bat from your club's kitbag .)

Morrison44

Cricket Spectator
Grzegorz, the bat looks crap but its bloody cheap. It could last a seson in the nets (a teammate of mine bought a very similar one and it lasted exactly 6 months before breaking up = worth those 20 €). More importantly it gives you a tool to practice at home in front of a mirror or with a ball on string.
Should you play a match grab a proper bat from your club's kitbag .)
Yes, I have such an intention to use this bat only to practice at home and backyard. He is so cheap, that it would be a sin not to buy it, and as I know it was never used. What kind of bat do you use?? and I want to buy a bat for myself, but I don't want spend much money as I'm not a pro and will never be. What is the best producer in terms of price/quality?? I can only choose from Slazenger, GM and Duncan Fearnley, beacuse I've found them in reasonable price?? Bye ;)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like one of those parchment bats. Can't see any grains on it. Dirt cheap though.