I am new here, I'm 23 and I love cricket and started playing amatuer level cricket from 2001. At my club, their is only 5 matches every year only in the summer in the UK.
I show promise batting in practice, however, in matches my highest score has only been 25 in the last 11 years, I'm very sad about this and I've only scored 3 fours in the last 11 years.
My goal is to bat in the top four and score 50s consistently, I have this believe this can happen, however, I lack total confidence and there is only one chance in friendly matches to impress the captain to bat up the order and have consistent chances. Add to that I these games are 25 overs so I need to hit 4's and 6's which I can't do.
My bowlers consist of leg and left arm spinners, most of your pacers are medium pace, Munaf Patel, Ishant Sharma and Collingwood style.
I lack confidence, I know I need to hit 4's and I only get one chance, otherwise other players are shafted in the team, add to that my team players think I show promise in practice but they have 'Rahul Dravid player' mentality towards me.
MY BIGGEST WEAKNESS, I cannot play the square cut and just 'waff' the bat outside off, which opposition bowlers exploit AND I will have to beat the established players in the A team. ALso my trigger movement may need improving vastly.
1) I'm starting a 5x5 weight lifting training program and then switch to power training in April and then onto plyometric training.
2) I have outdoor sessions from May until August twice a week.
3) I will look at 20-20 on TV and videos on youtube and visualise batting like them.
4) I have stacks of books and magazines offering my batting tips, but sadly, I cannot replicate this in real life.
5) My friend will throw down balls so I can practice shots.
6) During practice and actual matches, I will visualise what shots I will play off specific deliveries.
Also in the actual match, I am pressured to hit 4's by myself, will is a natural emotion, since I want to bat in the top order consistently.
I would appreciate tips, suggestion and advice on improvements to achieve my goals.