• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Club Sponsorship

walbysmoustache

Cricket Spectator
Hi all. I would really appreciate some advice..
I play for a village team and this year we have someone willing to give us money for new kit.
Our first team have done really well recently, being promoted twice in two years. Last season we started a second team for the first time and although results on the pitch were not successful the participation was good. The second team is mostly made up of youngsters and older 'social' players.
Our predicament is whether to use the money just for the first team or the second team aswell. With the sponsorship money our first team could be completely kitted out. team shirt, training top, polo top, playing trousers. Or should we use the money for playing shirts and polo tops for both sides.
I know it isn't the most exciting threads but it is a topic which has been bugging me.
Many thanks

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Include the seconds.

If you want your club to survive and thrive in the long term, you need to have that depth and the routes in to senior cricket for youngsters and new players. If they feel like they're part of the club and part of the squad in the 2s, then the transition into the firsts and the whole club identity will become stronger.