Been lurking for a while and finally joined up and thought I would share my bat re-shaping project!
Purchased a brand new Salix Pod - Players last season. Apart from some pics it was brought sight unseen and the seller said it was 2lb10oz but when it got here it was more like 2lb12oz.
Not a massive issue as I like a reasonable heavy bat and after knocking i used it with success for the last 3/4 of last season.
So in the off season I decided I would look into taking some weight out of the bat. Although the pics don't show it, the bat had a round from edge to spline and my idea was to take that weight out. I have a fair bit of woodworking experience so I emailed the manufacturer to ask them what they thought and they said it would be no problem as long as I kept even on both sides.
Unfortunately I dodn't take pics of the re-shaping process but after taking the back stickers off I put the bat in a vice (with rage to stop denting) and used the front roller part of a belt sander with a light belt to take most of the wood out and then hand sanded with 140 grit to get the shape right.
To finish I used 240 and then 400 grit to get a nice smooth surface. A few coats of oil and I was wrapped with the finished product!
Ended up a tad ove 2lb10oz and plays just as well as it eve did, which is to say fantastically!
Have used it for the preseasn since the refurbish so thats why there are a few cherries and marks.
A few pics.