Thread: Where can i get a sponsership?

Cricket Spectator

Where can i get a sponsership?

I'm 13 i play for my county (Cheshire) at cricket and i could do with a sponsorship of some sort preferably a sponsorship were i get free kit but one were i would get a % off would be great ,does anyone know any company that could do me such a thing or someone i could contact an e mail address? I'd sort of like it to not be a big brand also it would be near impossible to get a sponsorship with kookabura and the big boys etc so id be gratful if anyone could help me out

Cricket Spectator

List of small cricket companys?

could anyone just list all the quality but affordable small brands that they know of? Must be in England and would help if they had a website ,thanks.

Cricket Spectator

Warsop cricket

does anyone have the e-mail address for warsop cricket?

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Try Romida Sports, maybe Torpedo bats that come out of Bradford.

Just write, that'd be my advice, they won't come looking for you unless you're "an anointed one". It also helps if you're a batsman, tbf.

Brands only tend to sponsor you if you are going to go somewhere (ie county) I have a sponsorship from Salix, they have dear prices but great stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 5 years and counting!

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by slowfinger View Post
    Brands only tend to sponsor you if you are going to go somewhere (ie county) I have a sponsorship from Salix, they have dear prices but great stuff
    well im playing at the highest level i can at my age which is county , do salix give you a discount or a full sponsorship?

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Do keep in mind that there is a chasm between merely being part of a County squad in a Minor County side and being a key player in an FC/major county.

Write, but if you do, give them a good reason why they should be interested. There are 38 counties x 12 age groups (inc girls) x 15 kids in a squad = approx 7000 county cricketers. Find a way to stand out... and double check your letter for punctuation, spelling and grammar.

Cricket Spectator
    ok will do,thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by compstallcc View Post
    well im playing at the highest level i can at my age which is county , do salix give you a discount or a full sponsorship?
    Depends... the S3 sponsorship means that the higher you go the bigger the discount I think.

Cricket Spectator

Where can i get a sponsorship?

My son had a Duck and Run bat last year. His batting improved hugely and then made the Winter training squad. He wrote to them to ask for sponsorship and was told he could not get full sponsorship but they would offer him a discount of 40%, off of a new bat.

I believe this is not unusual and if you composed a well written letter, you would be having to decide which supplier to choose. Given the tougher economic climate and dreadful weather, many of the kit manufacturers are looking at any way they can to shift some of this years range. Ask it can't hurt but, as Neil says, ensure you spell check the letter.

Cricket Spectator
    thanks for the help iv sent a few e-mails and been given offers by all so just choosing the best one now.

Thread Information