• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where can i get a sponsership?

compstallcc

Cricket Spectator
I'm 13 i play for my county (Cheshire) at cricket and i could do with a sponsorship of some sort preferably a sponsorship were i get free kit but one were i would get a % off would be great ,does anyone know any company that could do me such a thing or someone i could contact an e mail address? I'd sort of like it to not be a big brand also it would be near impossible to get a sponsorship with kookabura and the big boys etc so id be gratful if anyone could help me out :)

compstallcc

Cricket Spectator
List of small cricket companys?

could anyone just list all the quality but affordable small brands that they know of? Must be in England and would help if they had a website ,thanks.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Try Romida Sports, maybe Torpedo bats that come out of Bradford.

Just write, that'd be my advice, they won't come looking for you unless you're "an anointed one". It also helps if you're a batsman, tbf.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Brands only tend to sponsor you if you are going to go somewhere (ie county) I have a sponsorship from Salix, they have dear prices but great stuff

compstallcc

Cricket Spectator
Brands only tend to sponsor you if you are going to go somewhere (ie county) I have a sponsorship from Salix, they have dear prices but great stuff
well im playing at the highest level i can at my age which is county , do salix give you a discount or a full sponsorship?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Do keep in mind that there is a chasm between merely being part of a County squad in a Minor County side and being a key player in an FC/major county.

Write, but if you do, give them a good reason why they should be interested. There are 38 counties x 12 age groups (inc girls) x 15 kids in a squad = approx 7000 county cricketers. Find a way to stand out... and double check your letter for punctuation, spelling and grammar.

STWCAR

Cricket Spectator
Where can i get a sponsorship?

My son had a Duck and Run bat last year. His batting improved hugely and then made the Winter training squad. He wrote to them to ask for sponsorship and was told he could not get full sponsorship but they would offer him a discount of 40%, off of a new bat.

I believe this is not unusual and if you composed a well written letter, you would be having to decide which supplier to choose. Given the tougher economic climate and dreadful weather, many of the kit manufacturers are looking at any way they can to shift some of this years range. Ask it can't hurt but, as Neil says, ensure you spell check the letter.