• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Some help

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
New Video : Cricket Practice - YouTube

Need some advice on how to overcome my fear of getting hit with the ball which is a major reason i dont pull and once the ball is pitched short i play stupid shots. I believe if i overcome that fear i will improve drastically in terms of feet movement cause once someone bounces me, its gets me thinking about the bouncer the next ball.
Get someone quick to bowl a few at you and let them hit you. They don't hurt THAT much.

Get in to the love of the sting and the contest.

You either need to pull, let it hit your body with your bat away, or duck. I generally don't play the pull and the cut until I'm about 15-20, or feeling comfortable with the pitch and the way the bowler is bowling. I let them hit my body until that happens.

Bilal388

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys

So i have uploaded a new video of practicing in the nets.
Cricket nets practice - YouTube

So i have made some changes over the past few months.

1. I am a lot lower in my stance ,and a lot more relaxed which has helped me tremendously with my balance.
2. My head is more still than it use to be

This in return has made me a way better front foot player than before. Though im still improving on the off, in games my leg side is very strong with those leg glances which score me most of my runs.

Some problems i still notice

1. My bat doesnt always come down from middle stump(not presenting the full face) which sometimes means when i want to hit straight, i cant and the ball towards toward midwicketish area.
2. Im not getting back and across on the backfoot shots which is landing me in trouble on the backfoot.Currently i stand uptall on leg(my guard) and play my backfoot shots of that.
3. Still scared of the bouncer(as evident).
4. Sometimes i still walk(like take a step extra) after playing the drive though this habbit is slowly vanishing as time passes

Need some exercises to move back and across on the back foot. Any other things u guys noticed feel free to point.

jacobg606

Cricket Spectator
Just wondering if you could help at all with my batting.

I've been out 7 times this season and been bowled 5 of the 7. Just wondering if you could give me any tips from that.

Thanks a lot.

Reply would be much appreciated

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Just wondering if you could help at all with my batting.

I've been out 7 times this season and been bowled 5 of the 7. Just wondering if you could give me any tips from that.

Thanks a lot.

Reply would be much appreciated
Mate, if you genuinely want some help and are not a troll or a bot, start a new thread with some more info about your cricket, and how you're getting bowled (missing defensives? playing inside/outside line? dragging on?) and we'll try to help. Posting the same thing in four ancient threads is not the way to go about things.