Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some help

Cricket Spectator
    What does sangakarra use?

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal388 View Post
    What does sangakarra use?
    Watch him on Youtube hitting cover drives. Remember his is a leftie so the ball comes into him at a different angle than for a RHander. He is great to watch.

Cricket Spectator
    Update : So i have abandoned all the trigger moves now because i feel the shuffle was leaving me unbalanced and the B and A was not coming natural to me. I just stand still now with my head leaning forward and weight on the back foot as my neutral position. I concentrate heavily on keeping my balance and shape now and i have noticed a remarkable difference because im hitting better shots. My drives are on the ground and i feel im not coming too early on the ball. I also have been player a lot better on the balls that are aimed on my pads. Though i do vary my stance a little bit when the bowler is coming around. I take my front leg and open it up a little bit as i was finding myself getting hit on the pad from bowlers coming around(http://www.pitchvision.com/files/image/openstance1.png) . I havent started the 3 days a week mirror practice yet but i plan on starting it this week. Video coming soon

Cricket Spectator
    New Video : Cricket Practice - YouTube

Need some advice on how to overcome my fear of getting hit with the ball which is a major reason i dont pull and once the ball is pitched short i play stupid shots. I believe if i overcome that fear i will improve drastically in terms of feet movement cause once someone bounces me, its gets me thinking about the bouncer the next ball.

Cricket Spectator

Need some advice on how to overcome my fear of getting hit with the ball which is a major reason i dont pull and once the ball is pitched short i play stupid shots. I believe if i overcome that fear i will improve drastically in terms of feet movement cause once someone bounces me, its gets me thinking about the bouncer the next ball.
    Anxiety comes from not knowing how to deal with something. Once you get your footwork right you will not get hit pulling or hooking if you've moved far enough to get out of the line of the incoming red thing. Back foot back and across so the balls outside your shoulder rather than under your nose. With no way to get hit, you will play the shot with much more freedom as at worst you will whif at the ball which is going over the stumps anyway.

You back away from the shorter balls trying to play to the off-side. Get your bowler to come around the wicket and bowl at your butt! You learn the right footwork fast.
    Last edited by eliteguru; 05-06-2012 at 11:54 PM.

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar

Get someone quick to bowl a few at you and let them hit you. They don't hurt THAT much.

Get in to the love of the sting and the contest.

You either need to pull, let it hit your body with your bat away, or duck. I generally don't play the pull and the cut until I'm about 15-20, or feeling comfortable with the pitch and the way the bowler is bowling. I let them hit my body until that happens.

Cricket Spectator
    Hey guys

So i have uploaded a new video of practicing in the nets.
    Cricket nets practice - YouTube

So i have made some changes over the past few months.

1. I am a lot lower in my stance ,and a lot more relaxed which has helped me tremendously with my balance.
    2. My head is more still than it use to be

This in return has made me a way better front foot player than before. Though im still improving on the off, in games my leg side is very strong with those leg glances which score me most of my runs.

Some problems i still notice

1. My bat doesnt always come down from middle stump(not presenting the full face) which sometimes means when i want to hit straight, i cant and the ball towards toward midwicketish area.
    2. Im not getting back and across on the backfoot shots which is landing me in trouble on the backfoot.Currently i stand uptall on leg(my guard) and play my backfoot shots of that.
    3. Still scared of the bouncer(as evident).
    4. Sometimes i still walk(like take a step extra) after playing the drive though this habbit is slowly vanishing as time passes

Need some exercises to move back and across on the back foot. Any other things u guys noticed feel free to point.

Cricket Spectator
    Just wondering if you could help at all with my batting.

I've been out 7 times this season and been bowled 5 of the 7. Just wondering if you could give me any tips from that.

Thanks a lot.

Reply would be much appreciated

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobg606 View Post
    Just wondering if you could help at all with my batting.

I've been out 7 times this season and been bowled 5 of the 7. Just wondering if you could give me any tips from that.

Thanks a lot.

Reply would be much appreciated
    Mate, if you genuinely want some help and are not a troll or a bot, start a new thread with some more info about your cricket, and how you're getting bowled (missing defensives? playing inside/outside line? dragging on?) and we'll try to help. Posting the same thing in four ancient threads is not the way to go about things.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Cricket Spectator

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    cool video
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information