• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Return of the Scoop

eliteguru

Cricket Spectator
Gray N has brought back the Scoop made famous during the '80s.

As a golf pro, this design makes soooo much sense unless you find the sweet spot of your bat 90 times out of 100. Golf clubs have peripheral weighting for all but the full time professionals as if you miss the middle it doesn't kill all your power. Hit it in the middle and it goes just as far. I've asked bat makers to build them for the last 10 years but nobody has had the skills to do it properly.

For those who have kids, please support this designs life its second time around.

Any adults out there who have tried one of the seniors versions?

As an "elite" coach this is NOT an advert. It's just pure common sense for weekend warriors and kids.

eliteguru

Cricket Spectator
Love the scoop made 98 with one. Averaged like 40 for the season.
Golfers know a peripheral weighted effort doesn't rob you if you 'just miss' the sweet spot. Did you find the scoop more forgiving or did you just play better cricket shots and the bat type would not have mattered?

What level do you play?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Lower grade club cricket. That season I played in Calgary Canada and there was only one grade (8 teams).

The bat seemed to have a very large sweet spot where everything would go to the boundary. Plus it was a very light bat.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scoops were the bat du jour when I was a kid. Everyone who didn't have one, wanted one. I remember my grandfather paying $175 for a scoop for me when I was about 15. FMD it was a great stick. Nice bit of nostalgia seeing them come back. Might get one for Burgeinho next season.