Cricket Player Manager

Thread: front leg twists after release

Cricket Spectator

front leg twists after release

Hi!
    i am a fast right arm bowler who,and i generally get my pace with the help of a long,fast runup...
    anyway as i bowl i realize that after my release my front foot(left) tends to twist to the right before (or as) my back foot comes forward. i do have a reasonable follow through but the problem is that i seem to suffer pain in my inner top left leg and i somehow feel the twisting action is responsible. either way i wonder why my left foot twists.
    I AM A FRONT ON BOWLER.
    surfing the net told me that as a fast bowler releases the ball his back should bend in such a way that a batsman can read the number written in his back. i dont think i'm doing that,would this be responsible for the flaw in my action?
    thanks!

Cricket Spectator
    Do you land the left foot on its outside? You should land that front foot - heel, then ball of foot. It its landing a little more on the outside of the foot, the spikes doing their job will twist the wrong way and that will cause a trail of stress upwards.

Front-on you'd never show your back to the batsman unless you want to hurt yourself. Watch Freddy Flintoffs action and pay attention to his arrival at the crease.

Quote Originally Posted by bharu150 View Post
    Hi!
    i am a fast right arm bowler who,and i generally get my pace with the help of a long,fast runup...
    anyway as i bowl i realize that after my release my front foot(left) tends to twist to the right before (or as) my back foot comes forward. i do have a reasonable follow through but the problem is that i seem to suffer pain in my inner top left leg and i somehow feel the twisting action is responsible. either way i wonder why my left foot twists.
    I AM A FRONT ON BOWLER.
    surfing the net told me that as a fast bowler releases the ball his back should bend in such a way that a batsman can read the number written in his back. i dont think i'm doing that,would this be responsible for the flaw in my action?
    thanks!

Thread Information