• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

front leg twists after release

bharu150

Cricket Spectator
Hi!
i am a fast right arm bowler who,and i generally get my pace with the help of a long,fast runup...
anyway as i bowl i realize that after my release my front foot(left) tends to twist to the right before (or as) my back foot comes forward. i do have a reasonable follow through but the problem is that i seem to suffer pain in my inner top left leg and i somehow feel the twisting action is responsible. either way i wonder why my left foot twists.
I AM A FRONT ON BOWLER.
surfing the net told me that as a fast bowler releases the ball his back should bend in such a way that a batsman can read the number written in his back. i dont think i'm doing that,would this be responsible for the flaw in my action? :)
thanks!

eliteguru

Cricket Spectator
Do you land the left foot on its outside? You should land that front foot - heel, then ball of foot. It its landing a little more on the outside of the foot, the spikes doing their job will twist the wrong way and that will cause a trail of stress upwards.

Front-on you'd never show your back to the batsman unless you want to hurt yourself. Watch Freddy Flintoffs action and pay attention to his arrival at the crease.

Hi!
i am a fast right arm bowler who,and i generally get my pace with the help of a long,fast runup...
anyway as i bowl i realize that after my release my front foot(left) tends to twist to the right before (or as) my back foot comes forward. i do have a reasonable follow through but the problem is that i seem to suffer pain in my inner top left leg and i somehow feel the twisting action is responsible. either way i wonder why my left foot twists.
I AM A FRONT ON BOWLER.
surfing the net told me that as a fast bowler releases the ball his back should bend in such a way that a batsman can read the number written in his back. i dont think i'm doing that,would this be responsible for the flaw in my action? :)
thanks!