• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wanted: Albion Helmet bits.

Merve'sTash

Cricket Spectator
H-- Ive been searching hard without success for the older type Albion C&D helmet accessories.. I wonder if anyone can help.

Simply named afaict 'Temple protectors'. Ive put these words into google (or 'temple guards') and all I get is quite alot of stuff about Buddhist monks. They are simply the two clear side-pieces instead of (or with/ under grill) so I can take the grill off/ never got used to it.

Would anyone know what I mean- or have a pair I could buy even? Ive tried emailing Albion here (UK) and even Aus, looked on countless crix sites & ebay: nothing.

Thanks, MT.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Guy at my club has a pair just sitting in his bag. I wore a helmet with them on as a joke during a t20 match one. Great items. Not sure they're in production anymore, this bloke has them from back in the day.

Merve'sTash

Cricket Spectator
A joke-? ok so did everyone fall about laughing then?

I dont mean for a joke- but couldnt care less if anytone laughed, I just hate the grill. Having nothing on does look odd, so these are best bet. I guess they're designed for some protective use too. I like my ears me. And there must be plenty of them knocking about/ unused.

DB007

Cricket Spectator
I just came about your post, how did you go finding some era pieces? I'd appreciate any help, am also looking for a set, cheers, Don.