• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Become a better cricketer by setting S.M.A.R.T goals

Was This Helpful?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cricketstardom

Cricket Spectator
S.M.A.R.T = Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time bound.

Specific: Ask yourself three questions when you set goals.
  1. What exactly do you want to achieve?
  2. Why do you want to achieve it?
  3. How will you achieve it?
E.g. Score 300 runs in 12 matches at an average of 25 runs per game.

Measurable: You should be able to measure your progress, why?
So you know how far you have come and how much more you need in order to achieve your goal.

E.g. By scoring 25 runs every game I would know how close I am getting towards my goal of 300 runs in 12 matches.

Attainable: Whatever goal you set in cricket make sure that you can achieve it. Your goal should get you out of your comfort zone, but don’t make it impossible for yourself to achieve it.

E.g. based, on my batting ability I know that I can get to 25 runs but I would have to focus a lot on my technique and mental toughness.

Realistic: Set goals according to your abilities. Don’t expect yourself to hit a big score every game if you are just an okay batsmen. Know your skill level in cricket and then set your goals.

E.g. based, on my batting ability I know that I can get to 25 runs but I would have to focus a lot on my technique and mental toughness.

Time Bound: Any goal that you set should have a deadline in which you will achieve your goal. Always set a deadline, so it can motivate you to achieve your goal and also learn the value of time.

E.g. I know that I have to score 300 runs in 12 matches, which comes down to 25 runs every match.

Using this smart analogy has helped me a lot not just in cricket but also in life. I hope it helps you guys achieve your goals. Also check out a free template I made below. Finally please leave your comments and feedback if I was helpful.

SMART GOALS Template