• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bat Size

sameoldnewday

Cricket Spectator
Hi all. I am new to this blog, am in the US and currently have an opportunity to play only taped tennis ball cricket.However, i hope to soon shift to a bigger city where i can play club cricket with the leather ball. I am looking to but a cricket bat and need advice about the size. I am 5'5" tall and 26 y/o so i know im not growing an taller. While looking at price range, i see a lot of difference b/w a Harrow sized bat and a SH.And though almost all websites give bat sizing based on age as well as height, i wonder if a harrow sized bat weighing about 2lb7 would be good bat for me, letting me buy a better bat . Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks a ton.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hi all. I am new to this blog, am in the US and currently have an opportunity to play only taped tennis ball cricket.However, i hope to soon shift to a bigger city where i can play club cricket with the leather ball. I am looking to but a cricket bat and need advice about the size. I am 5'5" tall and 26 y/o so i know im not growing an taller. While looking at price range, i see a lot of difference b/w a Harrow sized bat and a SH.And though almost all websites give bat sizing based on age as well as height, i wonder if a harrow sized bat weighing about 2lb7 would be good bat for me, letting me buy a better bat . Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks a ton.
Most people your age would use a Short Handle mate, but if the Harrow fits you better, thats up to you!Welcome to CW

sameoldnewday

Cricket Spectator
Hi there..thanks the reply..Thats the problem, i don't have the facility here to walk into a cricket store and try out a harrow sized bat if it suits me fine..i'm judging based on most online size charts that suggest a harrow size for 5'4 to 5'8 person...and then, with a harrow sized bat in mind i could possibly buy a better willow . Thanks anyways..i guess ill try buying it online and talk to the seller if i can return the bat as is if i dont feel comfortable about the size . thanks again..

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If your forced me into a vote on the harrow issue - Would prefer you used a short handle - it will probably be a heavier bat and this will count more than willow.

Also get a kookaburra imho totally happy with mine. worst bat i had was a gm diamond.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't get a Harrow mate, you're too tall for it. As Hurricane said, it's the bat's weight which will count most. If you want to be able to play horizontal bat shots, and you're new to the game, get as light a bat as possible imo. Something like 2 pound six or seven ounces should pick up nice and light for you.