• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

need a suggestion

shergill88

Cricket Spectator
i am 6 feet tall , 23 years old from chandigarh. i have been playing gully cricket since my childhood . my question is that can i start playing professional and look forward to play for my nation and some kind of a career at the international level ?
I wanna be a fast bowler if i start playing professional cricket now and i am very passionate about my cricket .
I would dearly appreciate an honest and to the point suggestion . thanx

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
you don't appear especially passionate and probably wouldn't put in the right amount of work. Would need to work at it every day - till 8 o'clock.
and drink raw eggs for breakfast.

shergill88

Cricket Spectator
you don't appear especially passionate and probably wouldn't put in the right amount of work. Would need to work at it every day - till 8 o'clock.
and drink raw eggs for breakfast.
m ready to work out every day as long as i can and i am very passionate .. and moreover being passionate or not isnt the answer man .. i asked is it possible for me to go for it at the age of 23 ?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
m ready to work out every day as long as i can and i am very passionate .. and moreover being passionate or not isnt the answer man .. i asked is it possible for me to go for it at the age of 23 ?
At least in the last 50 years you would be the 1st ever international player to start at the age of 23 to the best of my knowledge. Does that help? I posted about passion because some people say that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. you would also need a large budget to hire a top coach.
I would say the chances are like 1 in 10 billion that you could pull it off if you like probabilities.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
allright .. is he playing presently .. no he isnt .. so now what ?

n dont gimme anwsers saying india has many pace bowlers .. i dont give a damn about other bowlers
Do you have the ability to grow facial hair? Specifically a moustache?

shergill88

Cricket Spectator
At least in the last 50 years you would be the 1st ever international player to start at the age of 23 to the best of my knowledge. Does that help? I posted about passion because some people say that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. you would also need a large budget to hire a top coach.
I would say the chances are like 1 in 10 billion that you could pull it off if you like probabilities.
i can name some .. DAVID HUSSEY started playing cricket at the age of 26 and DIRK NANNES also started playing cricket in his mid 20's

benchmark00

i can name some .. DAVID HUSSEY started playing cricket at the age of 26 and DIRK NANNES also started playing cricket in his mid 20's
I believe David Hussey first picked up a cricket bat when he was 27 actually, so you're more than a chance.

shergill88

Cricket Spectator
No, he was a squash player until 26, never played cricket before then someone (probably his cousin, Michael) told him he should try his hand at cricket.
so if he can start playing cricket ..when actualy he was a squash player and he was actually studying to become a science teacher ... i m just 23 guys .. come on give me some inspiration .. lol

benchmark00

so if he can start playing cricket ..when actualy he was a squash player and he was actually studying to become a science teacher ... i m just 23 guys .. come on give me some inspiration .. lol
You've convinced me. Keep growing your facial hair and eating the raw eggs and you can make it mate.

Please keep us updated with your progress.