Thread: Fast-bowling boots?

Icon5 Fast-bowling boots?

Hi

I've been using the mid-ankle Asics bowling boots for a number of years now, but my current pair has finally given up the ghost. I wanted to get another pair, but it seems they no longer make a mid-ankle bowling boot.

The only others that I can find are the Puma Iridium and the hideously orange Nike Pace and Yorker boots.

Is there a reason that these mid-ankle boots are becoming less popular? Or is it just because nobody loves fast bowlers?

Cricket Spectator EnglishCricket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooz View Post
    Hi

I've been using the mid-ankle Asics bowling boots for a number of years now, but my current pair has finally given up the ghost. I wanted to get another pair, but it seems they no longer make a mid-ankle bowling boot.

The only others that I can find are the Puma Iridium and the hideously orange Nike Pace and Yorker boots.

Is there a reason that these mid-ankle boots are becoming less popular? Or is it just because nobody loves fast bowlers?
    I reckon that with new technology and tests the fast bowlers are using boots that go much higher up the ankle and leg for added protection. I have seen a pair of professional boots and they go well above the ankle, have a lot of strapping, are ridiculously comfortable inside, etc.

I would recommend investing in a pair for comfort and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCricket View Post
    I reckon that with new technology and tests the fast bowlers are using boots that go much higher up the ankle and leg for added protection. I have seen a pair of professional boots and they go well above the ankle, have a lot of strapping, are ridiculously comfortable inside, etc.

I would recommend investing in a pair for comfort and safety.
    I've been using a pair of Asics 8 for 64 boots that cover my ankle (ok, so maybe my 'mid-ankle' terminology was wrong) and love them. It just seems that these days there are fewer and fewer of these available. Asics seems to have abandoned them.

I was just wondering whether there was a reason...

I've been using a pair of Asics 8 for 64 boots that cover my ankle (ok, so maybe my 'mid-ankle' terminology was wrong) and love them. It just seems that these days there are fewer and fewer of these available. Asics seems to have abandoned them.

I was just wondering whether there was a reason...
    Not that I know of, where are you looking?

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCricket View Post
    Not that I know of, where are you looking?
    Well, according to the Asics UK website they don't do an ankle-high boot anymore.

Fortunately I found a pair in the right size at Shop4Sport, so that'll keep me happy for a season or two

Well, according to the Asics UK website they don't do an ankle-high boot anymore.

Fortunately I found a pair in the right size at Shop4Sport, so that'll keep me happy for a season or two
    Excellent.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Buy two pairs while you still can.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Thread Information