Thread: Left arm outswing

Cricket Spectator

Left arm outswing

Hi I am left arm opening bowler and with my natural action (from over the stumps) I can swing a lot in the air into the batsman (only inswingers) however I am not able to swing or even cut the ball away from the batsman (outswingers or legcutters). I tried to come wide of the crease or seam towards the slips or with an open chest but no avail. Can someone suggest what I am doing wrong

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    The left armer in my team just bowls left arm orthodox spin at a very high pace when he wants to cut it towards slips. If you don't know how to spin the ball keep reading this coaching thread as someone would have asked about it at some stage.

And yes it helps if you can angle the seam towards slips and get it to land on the seam while spinning.

If you can learn how to swing it towards slips then please share with the forum as not many left handers can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Thread Information